Institutional Director (Midwest)
- Jersey City, NJ
The Institutional Director will work as part of our Institutional Sales Team, working with institutions across the public, corporate, endowment, foundation, insurance, and hospital market sectors to represent Lord Abbett’s investment strategies within the U.S Central territory (including IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI and WV). The Institutional Director will be responsible for a consultative sales process in raising assets from a defined list of target institutions.
A successful candidate will be a collaborative, goal-oriented fundraising professional with a distinguished track record of raising assets with institutional clients.
We’ll trust you to:
- Proactively develop partnerships with the gatekeepers of Institutional plan sponsors
- Efficiently manage the assigned territory to maximize the use of resources
- Work effectively and collaboratively with the Consultant Relations Team
- Develop and maintain a presence with key decision makers in the Institutional marketplace (plan sponsors, their boards, key decision makers and field consultants)
- Identify and qualify leads within the target range of plans over $500 million
- Review Requests for Proposal (“RFPs”) for clarity and ensure the quality of the content
- Partner with the Investment Strategists to gain a better understanding of how we can provide relevant investment solutions
- Understand key competitors and industry trends
- Maintain a deep understanding of the investment process and product offerings at Lord Abbett
You’ll need to have:
- 10+ years of work experience in the Institutional market with an existing rolodex of plan sponsor relationships in the territory
- Candidates may be based in Chicago or in the greater NYC area
- Series 7 and Series 66 licenses
- Knowledge of securities markets and current market conditions
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills (written and verbal), and follow-up skills
- Proactive, collaborative team player
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- High sense of urgency and degree of initiative and self-motivation
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and follow-up skills
- Resourceful with excellent problem-solving skills
Why Lord Abbett?
Lord Abbett is a leading asset manager with approximately $200 billion in assets under management. We seek to hire a diverse group of talented individuals who are committed to driving our vision to be the most respected asset manager in the world. We are looking for candidates who value excellence, responsibility, transparency, and collaboration as much as we do. Our employees share a passion for excellence in serving our diverse range of clients – individuals, advisors, and institutions across the globe who rely on us to deliver innovative investment solutions that help them secure stronger financial futures.
Back to top