Director of Investment Data Strategy
- Jersey City, NJ
We're seeking a senior leader and investment data professional who will drive investment data strategy for the Company. The individual should possess deep knowledge of the market and investment data requirements of an investment management business as well as specific experience defining strategy for investment data sourcing, architecture, and use. The individual should also possess the ability to direct stakeholder teams in the implementation of the strategy, and overall superb business and communication skill. This is newly created position.
We’ll trust you to:
- Partner with stakeholders across business and functional units, including executive leadership, investments, research, risk, investment technology, and investment operations to understand their strategic objectives
- Partner with investments and research leadership to understand how data informs investment decision-making
- Craft a comprehensive investment data strategy and a relevant agenda covering long- and short-term strategic directions, improvements to data architecture and data management practices, and alternative data strategy
- Advise leadership on data and software vendor selection, spend, and strategic alternatives
- Work with leaders in investments, investment technology, and transformation to understand and document business requirements
- Collaborate with technical teams in investment technology to implement enhancements to data architecture and develop specific technical solutions to address the strategic agenda and investor needs
- Guide transformation team on the implementation of new solutions
- Guide partners in procurement in new vendor and data provider initiatives
You’ll need to have:
- Strong communication skill, both written and spoken
- Collegial attitude and desire to collaborate
- Bachelor's degree; an advanced degree OR CFA preferred
- 10+ years of financial services experience; 5+ years of experience in an investment management setting is strongly preferred
- Hands-on understanding of investment management products, portfolio management concepts and process
- Specific experience defining investment data strategy for an investment management organization
- Expertise in data architecture, including data storage and data management, big data architecture, and cloud
- Some experience in alternative data sourcing and strategy is preferred but not necessary
Why Lord Abbett?
Lord Abbett is one of the fastest-growing global asset managers with approximately $200 billion in assets under management. We seek to hire a diverse group of talented individuals who are committed to driving our vision to be the most respected asset manager in the world. We are looking for candidates who value excellence, responsibility, transparency, and collaboration as much as we do. Our employees share a passion for excellence in serving our diverse range of clients – individuals, advisors, and institutions across the globe who rely on us to deliver innovative investment solutions that help them secure stronger financial futures.
Back to top