Director, Fund Treasury
- Jersey City, NJ
We are seeking a highly motivated, technically-proficient professional to build dynamic fund accounting and fund administration policies, drive forward service provider oversight, think strategically and collaborate effectively to help Lord Abbett achieve its financial and regulatory reporting obligations and product development initiatives. The right candidate will help bring transparency and deeper understanding to the Fund Treasury & Tax team, and provide meaningful insights to business stakeholders and Fund Boards. The ideal candidate understands fund accounting and fund administration, regulatory reporting and compliance, product types, investment strategies, distribution channels and believes in the power of data and technology to transform business activities. This role will report to the Director of US Fund Treasury & Tax, serve as an Assistant Treasurer of the US Mutual Funds and meaningfully contribute to the firm’s enterprise risk management framework.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead the efforts to identify and implement transformational solutions to build an industry leading fund oversight model.
- Manage the financial aspects of regulatory filings (including annual and semiannual reports, Form N-PORT, Form N-14, Prospectus and Statement of Additional Information filings) in accordance with SEC rules and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Identify emerging industry issues, draft disclosures in response to new accounting pronouncements, document accounting policies, liaise with external auditors and support the certification of financial statements under Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Work directly with the Director of US Funds Treasury & Tax on strategic initiatives. Manage project timelines in order to plan and coordinate activities needed to successfully implement product initiatives such as new product types, fund and share class launches, mergers, liquidations and fee structure changes and other product initiatives.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Offshore Fund Administration, Tax, Legal, Compliance, Risk Management, Investment Operations, Client Lifecycle Management, Client Services and Investments.
- Prepare and present materials to Mutual Fund Boards and Audit Committees and clients.
- Seek best practices solutions and benchmarking opportunities by developing an industry network and maintaining active industry involvement.
- Work with Offshore Fund Administration colleagues to ensure globally consistent practices, while remaining mindful of local requirements.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree and CPA are required, advanced degree a plus
- 10+ years’ experience in the asset management industry and a proven track record of success in mutual fund administration
- Deep understanding of and technical expertise in mutual fund servicing from financial, accounting and regulatory perspectives
- Comprehensive understanding of mutual funds and other investment vehicles such as private funds and CITs
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills
- Willing to help, support others
- Committed, effective collaborator
- Ability to understand big picture
- Detail oriented
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to deliver consistently
- Creative, adaptive, problem-solver
- Strong work ethic
Why Lord Abbett?
Lord Abbett is one of the fastest-growing global asset managers with approximately $200 billion in assets under management. We seek to hire a diverse group of talented individuals who are committed to driving our vision to be the most respected asset manager in the world. We are looking for candidates who value excellence, responsibility, transparency, and collaboration as much as we do. Our employees share a passion for excellence in serving our diverse range of clients – individuals, advisors, and institutions across the globe who rely on us to deliver innovative investment solutions that help them secure stronger financial futures.
Meet Some of Lord Abbett's Employees
Caroline D.Advisor Experience Consultant
Caroline builds and maintains relationships with financial advisors in two territories, assisting with their client inquiries to ensure Lord Abbett’s products and expertise are part of clients’ everyday decisions.
Back to top