Director, Enterprise Risk Management
In today’s corporate landscape, the world of risk is constantly evolving and changing. The environment you’ll join is fast-paced, and the work you will do is critical to Lord Abbett’s growth. The Enterprise Risk Officer will report directly to the firm’s Chief Risk Officer, and will meaningfully contribute to the development and implementation of the firm’s enterprise risk framework.
We’ll trust you to:
• Work closely with the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) in developing Enterprise Risk Management tools, practices, and policies to analyze and report enterprise risks in accordance with industry best practices
• Conduct second line of defense monitoring and provide effective challenge with respect to first line of defense policies, procedures, and risk results, and provides reporting and communication to senior leadership
• Facilitate the identification of risks throughout the firm, with a focus on operational risks, in conjunction with business areas and operational risk councils
• Meaningfully contribute to Business Continuity Planning activities
• Work with leaders across business areas in developing KRIs
• Develop and prepare dashboards and risk reporting materials
• Provide subject matter expertise and support to senior leaders to execute their risk management responsibilities
• Monitor the external environment for emerging risks and events that can have an impact on the firm
• Assist the CRO in conducting firm-wide training for enterprise risk management
• Collaborate across the firm to strengthen the overall risk assessment and monitoring processes
• Leverage existing or develop targeted material to deliver actionable risk reporting to business areas as needed
• Participate in select risk committees / working group
You’ll need to have:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• 7 years’ experience in a risk management function, ideally at another asset manager or related financial services firm
• Knowledge of enterprise risk management, global expansion, business continuity planning, and managed services oversight
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment including translation of complex concepts and issues into insights for senior leadership and non-technical audiences
• Ability to influence positive change and cultivate relationships to accomplish goals
• Strong analytical skills and an inquisitive mindset
• Strong organization skills and capability to handle multiple projects
• Excellent written communication and presentation skills
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
Why Lord Abbett?
Lord Abbett is one of the fastest-growing global asset managers with approximately $200 billion in assets under management. We seek to hire a diverse group of talented individuals who are committed to driving our vision to be the most respected asset manager in the world. We are looking for candidates who value excellence, responsibility, transparency, and collaboration as much as we do. Our employees share a passion for excellence in serving our diverse range of clients – individuals, advisors, and institutions across the globe who rely on us to deliver innovative investment solutions that help them secure stronger financial futures.
Back to top