CMBS Portfolio Manager
- Jersey City, NJ
The CMBS Portfolio Manager will lead a team of CRE/CMBS professionals to drive top-tier performance of the CMBS portfolio through a strong capability to assess appropriate risk construction in a top-down thematic approach while also practicing a strong bottom-up approach through detailed analysis and underwriting of CRE risk. The Portfolio Manager will also exhibit strong collaborative skills to team with other sector specialists to generate high-ranking performance in our multi-sector focused mandates.
We’ll trust you to:
- Identify value and risk in commercial mortgage-backed securities securities on a security and portfolio level
- Formulate and manage sector investment thesis and strategy
- Build and maintain strong relationships with investment banks, CRE sponsors, servicers, the community of CRE professionals, etc.
- Maintain accurate analytics, modeling and valuation of securities
- Develop market information and data and develop presentations to senior leadership, sales and marketing, and clients.
- Represent Lord Abbett and engage with existing and prospective clients as well as the broader investment community
- Exhibit transparency of CMBS management by effective messaging with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate the highest standards of business leadership, ethics, intellectual curiosity, and collaboration
You’ll need to have:
- Substantial relevant experience (15+ years) in the CMBS/commercial mortgage market; 10+ years buy-side experience preferred
- A well-articulated investment philosophy and demonstrated track record of outperformance
- Ability to articulate complex investment models in a clear and concise manner with internal and external constituents
- Ability to multi-task across analytical, tactical, and research activities in a detail oriented and timely manner
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A highly motivated and results-oriented mentality
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; an advanced degree such as an MBA and/or the CFA designation is viewed as a plus
Why Lord Abbett?
Lord Abbett is one of the fastest-growing global asset managers with approximately $200 billion in assets under management. We seek to hire a diverse group of talented individuals who are committed to driving our vision to be the most respected asset manager in the world. We are looking for candidates who value excellence, responsibility, transparency, and collaboration as much as we do. Our employees share a passion for excellence in serving our diverse range of clients – individuals, advisors, and institutions across the globe who rely on us to deliver innovative investment solutions that help them secure stronger financial futures.
Back to top