Advisor Consultant Summer 2018 (Internal Sales)
About Lord Abbett:
Founded in 1929, Lord Abbett is an independent firm with a singular focus on the management of money. Over the course of our history, we’ve earned a sterling reputation for our leadership, influence, and innovation in the asset management industry. Today, our independent perspective, our commitment to active management, and our intelligent product design continue to make us relevant to individual and institutional investors.
From the very beginning, we’ve recognized that our people are our greatest asset. As an investment-led, investor-focused firm, we value intellectual curiosity, teamwork, and collaboration across the organization.
We’re looking for people with a keen interest in working for a trusted leader in the asset management industry, a desire to expand their knowledge, and a passion for delivering a client experience that exceeds expectations.
Now that you know our history, are you ready to be part of our future?
Reporting to an Advisor Consultant Team Leader, the Advisor Consultant ("AC") is responsible for proactively engaging Financial Advisors within a defined geographic territory in an effort to enrich existing relationships, identify cross-selling opportunities, and originate new producers. Advisor Consultants help represent Lord Abbett to our client base and thus go through a rigorous and industry-leading training program which covers investment markets, investment products and presentation skills in addition to sponsorship for Series 7 and 66 licenses. Lord Abbett Advisor Consultants are based in our headquarters in Jersey City, New Jersey, and interact primarily with clients on the telephone. However, all ACs work in partnership with an assigned Regional Manager in an ongoing effort to elevate the investment conversation and thoughtfully position our products.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Meeting and exceeding minimum outbound telephone call requirements
- Proactively contacting financial advisors to communicate actionable sales ideas and business-building opportunities
- Partnering with one or more Regional Managers to manage and grow an assigned territory
- Articulating a deep knowledge of mutual funds, separately managed accounts, and retirement products
- Demonstrating a deep understanding of all Lord Abbett Market & Product Opportunity Presentations (MPOs)
- Engaging with Client Information Services (CIS) and Marketing to execute outbound telephone call campaigns
- Working with the Service Center to provide a client service experience that exceeds expectations
- Understanding current market conditions and the potential impact on our investment products
- 0-5 years relevant experience in the financial services industry required (internship experience is acceptable)
- Series 7 license preferred
- Series 66 license preferred
Personal Characteristics Required:
- High sense of urgency and degree of initiative and self-motivation
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills (written and verbal), and follow-up skills
- Proactive, collaborative team player
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Resourceful with excellent problem-solving skills
- Significant desire to learn and grow industry knowledge
Lord Abbett is an equal employment opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to the following legally protected characteristics: race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, caregiver status, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. All employment decisions at Lord Abbett are based solely on the applicant’s relevant experience, skills and qualifications.
Meet Some of Lord Abbett's Employees
Advisor Experience Consultant
Caroline builds and maintains relationships with financial advisors in two territories, assisting with their client inquiries to ensure Lord Abbett’s products and expertise are part of clients’ everyday decisions.
Back to top