Logz.io helps cloud-native businesses monitor and secure their environment. Our Open 360™ Platform turns observability from a high-cost, low-value burden to a high-value, cost-efficient enabler of better business outcomes by combining and extending familiar, powerful and relevant Open Source capabilities across Logs, Metrics and Traces – complemented by security monitoring in the form of cloud-based SIEM.
Now developers and engineers can employ an end-to-end, cloud-native observability stack built on scalable and easy-to-use Open Source using a single UI and unified agent – at a cost that anyone can afford. Our customers unlock proactive troubleshooting, faster product delivery and a fully supported SaaS observability platform, all while compounding efficiencies in time and cost.
We are looking for a self motivated Senior Backend Engineer to contribute to our platform and make lives of fellow engineers across the world easier.
What you will do:
As a Senior Engineer you'll be involved in end-to-end activities, from design and architecture, through coding, testing, and up to deployment and monitoring, using the most advanced technologies and methodologies out there, architecting and designing highly distributed and highly scalable production code.
You will also be expected to harness your experience to shore up the technological leadership of the Engineering organisation.
Who you are:
A quick learner, who is interested in complex systems and micro-service architecture; not afraid of a challenge whether it is a bit of legacy code or an absolutely new feature, that needs to be developed completely from scratch and throughly covered in tests.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Java development;
- Experience in development large scale platforms or products;
- Knowledge of ELK stack;
- Experience with Kafka;
- Experience with Docker, K8S, telemetry tools;
- Experience with clouds (AWS, Azure);
- Deep understanding of best practices in scalable server-side architecture;
- Strong expertise in micro-services frameworks, including best approaches and patterns;
- True team player, able to communicate with various stakeholders across the company.
- Profound knowledge of and experience with Kotlin;
- Experience with M3DB, Thanos, Cortex;
- Experience with Go, Docker, K8S and Prometheus.
Logz.io’s Culture At Our Core: Companies with strong cultures & values are companies that win which is why at Logz.io we keep it simple with our Core Values & Beliefs:
- Obsess Over Customers
- Act With Courage
- Win As A Team
- Deliver Results
We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity – we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway!
If this sounds like you, please join our team!