VP Project Management Office
The VP Project Management Office directs and oversees all aspects of the Project Management Office (PMO), including the effectiveness and delivery of demand management, portfolio management, project management, governance and quality management of all projects. Provides leadership to teams responsible for engaging stakeholders to prioritize demand, create and maintain portfolio metrics, establish, implement, and maintain enterprise project management methodologies.
- Leads the Logix project and program portfolio and manage an effective initiative prioritization process.
- Defines and implements an Enterprise Project Management methodology to facilitate seamless delivery of Logix initiatives. Evolves methodologies to meet changing strategy, member expectations, and priorities.
- Develops and implements tools and processes to manage project risks and interdependencies, benefits realization, project estimates and costs, and resources and metrics.
- Develops and leads a highly functioning team that leverages project management expertise, best practices and analytics to deliver strategic initiatives on-time and on-budget.
- Leads and facilitates the governing body that serves as the final review for key initiatives to ensure alignment with Logix strategy and to identify potential conflicts/barriers/risks to implementation.
- Develops a Project Management Center of Excellence, including partnering with senior executives to assess project management effectiveness and to foster integration and adoption of new tools and processes.
- Develops and implements strategies that enable Logix to deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the business, employees, and member and provides a reasonable profitable return on investment to the company.
- Facilitates the development of actionable work plans and resource allocations; ensures project teams are staffed effectively to support the execution of projects and portfolios.
- Defines project management roles and the related refinement and management of SDLC waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Communicates Project Management status to senior management and executive team and prepares project justification for executive presentation to the Board.
- Identifies key drivers of success and keeps teams focused on critical path items to achieve results.
- Works closely with the Training, IT and other Management to identify pre and post implementation training and support requirements and ensures smooth transition of implemented projects.
- Provides continuous communication and education to Logix on Project Management services offered.
- Supervises all aspects of department performance. Determines the priorities, goals, plans and resources to ensure delivery of effective project and portfolio management function. Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process.
- Creates a synergistic leadership team and environment that consistently delivers positive results; provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements, and challenges to direct reports, peers and leaders.
- Uses excellent presentation and communication skills to present complex ideas and recommendations in a clear and articulate manner to all levels of the organization.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Directly manages employees in the assigned functional area. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
- Seven or more years of relevant business experience in a complex organization, demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance, as well as the ability to lead and manage teams steeped in portfolio and project management.
- Five or more years of project management experience required.
- Exceptional project/program management competence and skills.
- Ability to distribute, assign and ensure completion of work throughout various teams without direct management authority.
- Ability to influence others, including those at senior organizational levels.
- Strong analytical skills for planning, estimating, budgeting and monitoring program/project work.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent in project management hours of experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management or related field from four-year college or university required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Will consider combination of education and experience.
- Experience using a personal computer and proficiency using MS Office products including Excel, Word, Project, Visio, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Must also demonstrate conduct consistently with our Corporate Values:
- Practice open Communication with all levels;
- Be Accountable by taking ownership of customer issues and responsibility for one’s actions;
- Foster Teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other employees;
- Seek ways to make the workplace Fun for oneself &others;
- Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and ethical in all work activities and interactions;
- Work with a Service Orientation by having a genuine concern for the needs of one’s customers and by being friendly, professional and following through on commitments; and
- Demonstrate Humility in all interactions and remember to leave one’s ego at the door when one arrives to work.
Back to top