Senior Repossessions Specialist
- Burbank, CA
The Senior Repossessions Specialist assigns delinquent secured loans for repossession both in and out of state, follows up on repossession assignments and determines vehicle condition and value. Also, schedules collateral for sale and approves sale amount as well as responsible for sending out all necessary legal notices throughout the repossession process. Acts as resource for Loan Adjustors on impound vehicles, wrecked vehicles, insurance claims, and all vehicle seizures. Also contacts members with delinquent loans via written and verbal communications to make arrangements for their obligations. Conducts investigations to locate missing collateral and recommends and prepares accounts for charge off, for assignment to private investigators and for possible legal action.
- Performs all consumer loan and home equity collection activities.
- Processes lien releases as accounts are paid off or collateral is exchanged.
- Serves as liaison with repossession agencies, auctions, attorneys, private investigators and outside vendors in handling repossession of collateral.
- Conducts investigations to locate debtors and/or collateral.
- Reviews and analyzes accounts approved for repossession, including but not limited to, payment history, verification of delinquency, notification to all parties, etc.
- Oversees and is responsible for loans from the approval to repossess through repossession and sale of collateral, including, but not limited to, all legal notification, verification of proceeds, and release of title.
- Acts as a resource for loan adjustors in problem solving involving vehicles with regard to insurance matters, lien sale situation, impound, seizures and any other circumstances concerning collateral at risk to the Credit Union.
- Performs field work that requires off-site visits to local auctions, branch offices, vendor sites, and other localities to conduct investigations or to inspect repossessed assets.
- Performs physical inspections by maneuvering in, around, above and beneath repossessed assets to evaluate operability and overall condition.
- Ensures that all monies (insurance refunds, extended warranty refunds, payment of claims and repossession costs, sale proceeds and all other eligible proceeds) have been received and applied prior to closing repossession file.
- Itemizes and collects any personal effects from repossessed assets and returns to appropriate parties, as necessary.
- Performs market studies by analyzing data to assess overall value of repossessed properties and recommends pricing for resale.
- Assists in maintaining statistics on sale of vehicles.
- Attends court proceedings and testifies as a witness on behalf of Credit Union.
- Remains current on laws and regulations as they pertain to repossession, sale of collateral, skiptracing and all collection matters.
Education and/or Experience Must have:
- A valid CA Driver’s license.
- Must be able to operate multiple vehicle types, including manual and automatic transmission automobiles, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, boats, and/or recreational vehicles.
- Five years of collections or repossessions experience
- Thorough understanding of repossession process and related laws & regulations.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of office products with advanced skill in MS Excel
- Working knowledge of collateral sale regulations & guidelines
- Experience with repossession agencies auctions, attorneys, private investigators and outside vendors in handling repossession of collateral.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Thorough knowledge of vehicle and product market trends via various resources such as Edmunds, Kelly Blue Book, Black Book, Automotive News, National Automobile Dealers Association, or other publications and services.
- Ability to independently manage a significant number of projects and assignments concurrently in a fast paced, deadline drive environment.
- Ability to perform physical inspections and occasionally lift and carry up to 40 plus pounds, climb on ladders, stoop and bend, traverse on gravel and uneven surfaces.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations, as necessary. Demonstrated ability to conduct successful investigations to locate collateral and/or debtors, including a working knowledge of repossession and skip-tracing regulations & guidelines.
- Working knowledge of asset recovery and investigative systems such as Lexis-Nexus, Accurant, TLO, or other related technology/systems.
- Must remain current in Federal Debt Collection Practices Act
Must also demonstrate conduct consistent with our Corporate Values:
- Practice open Communication with all levels;
- Be Accountable by taking ownership of customer issues and responsibility for one’s actions;
- Foster Teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other employees;
- Seek ways to make the workplace Fun for oneself & others;
- Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and ethical in all work activities and interactions;
- Work with a Service Orientation by having a genuine concern for the needs of one’s customers and by being friendly, professional and following through on commitments; and
- Demonstrate Humility in all interactions and remember to leave one’s ego at the door when one arrives to work.
Logix Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Back to top