Senior Compliance Officer
- Burbank, CA
The purpose of the Senior Compliance Officer position is to be an instrumental part of the Compliance Team’s coordination of the credit union’s overall compliance with applicable rules, regulations and statutory requirements. This is accomplished through implementation of a Compliance Program and performance of the primary duties and responsibilities listed below. While implementing or recommending action to ensure compliance, the Senior Compliance Officer should be conscious of streamlining efforts, cost effectiveness, safety and soundness, and proper maintenance of the internal control structure.
- Keeps abreast of, monitor, and analyzes developing trends and changes in regulatory compliance laws, rules and regulations, with a strong emphasis in lending and servicing. Advises management of the operational impact of such trends and changes. Assists in the implementation of new and regulatory changes as necessary.
- Assists in the analysis and creation of written response to proposed new regulations and/or amendments to existing regulations within allotted time frames established by the regulatory agencies.
- Acts as a resource for Vendor Management, BSA/OFAC and Complaint Management teams.
- Develops, participates in, and reviews proposed changes to credit union policies, procedures, and credit union training updates for compliance with applicable regulatory and consumer, public interest, and commercial laws, rules and regulations, and provides recommendations for any necessary changes.
- Reviews, revises and develops credit union forms, contracts, agreements, and disclosures to ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations. Interface with legal counsel and/or bonding agency to ensure that the terms and conditions set forth in forms, contracts, agreements and disclosures are accurate, complete, and meet the needs of and properly protect the credit union.
- Maintains certifications and attends training sessions as required.
- Conducts compliance reviews in accordance with established standards and practices as directed.
- Conducts research of individual regulatory-related matters (i.e., practices, proposals, etc.), identifies and communicates regulatory compliance, deficiencies or potential problems, and provides guidance in the development of alternative solutions or implementation of corrective action.
- Provides written responses (as applicable) to inquiries of a regulatory nature, supporting analysis, conclusions and recommendations upon well-investigated and documented research of regulatory requirements.
- Participates in new product development and provides input regarding compliance concerns relevant to proposed and current products and services offered by the credit union, including electronic delivery services such as the Internet.
- Reviews system programming changes which affect compliance and provide comment as to whether the requested programming changes comply with applicable regulation.
- Reviews advertising and marketing material for compliance as directed.
- Provides support to staff and management working with federal and state examiners during compliance-related examinations.
- Develops and maintains a current library of compliance resources and provide informational assistance as requested.
- Prepares regulatory-related documentation and policy statements requiring adoption by the board or periodic board review and approval as directed.
- Reviews rules, regulations and/or laws to confirm accuracy prior to responding to information requests
Education and/or Experience
- Ten years of financial regulatory experience in a financial institution.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Have completed or agree to complete, a compliance officer certification program within two years of hire date.
- Well-organized, efficient, detail-oriented self-starter, able to work independently.
- Excellent analytical ability, and the ability to conduct thorough research, interpret and understand laws and regulations, and provide workable recommendations and solutions to problems.
- Broad knowledge of, and practical experience with, credit union or other financial institution operating areas, functions, products and services and the laws and regulations which apply to credit unions.
- Ability to handle simultaneously, multiple tasks and changing priorities in an efficient and effective manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to work with all levels of management and credit union staff, as well as members.
- Advanced knowledge of Internet software for research purposes, Excel spreadsheet software, Word and PowerPoint presentation software.
Must also demonstrate conduct consistent with our Corporate Values:
- Practice open Communication with all levels;
- Be Accountable by taking ownership of customer issues and responsibility for one’s actions;
- Foster Teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other employees;
- Seek ways to make the workplace Fun for oneself & others;
- Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and ethical in all work activities and interactions;
- Work with a Service Orientation by having a genuine concern for the needs of one’s customers and by being friendly, professional and following through on commitments; and
- Demonstrate Humility in all interactions and remember to leave one’s ego at the door when one arrives to work.
Logix Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Back to top