Real Estate Loan Officer (RELO) Assistant
- Burbank, CA
- Concurrently coordinates 10-20 real estate loan files with timely and accurate follow-up to multiple parties including RELO, borrower, listing agent, selling agent, escrow officer and real estate loan originating teams.
- Ensures that all files and data input meet compliance and regulatory guidelines.
- Consistently communicates via phone and electronically with the borrowers, real estate agents, escrows, and title companies; addresses initial documentation requirements, stipulations, and interest rate lock requests and updates loan status in a timely and professional manner.
- Collects borrower documentation necessary to complete the loan transaction including income documentation, asset statements and initial disclosures.
- Assists RELOs with pre-approvals and loan structuring by reviewing borrower’s tax returns and calculating income.
- Assists RELOs with loan pricing options, member support and managing lock expiration dates.
- Orders standard loan requirements and verifications such as title, escrow, appraisal, verification of employments, verification of assets, etc.
- Demonstrates proficient product knowledge of First Trust Deed and Second Trust Deed mortgage loans including understanding of FHA, VA, Conventional, Home Equity Lines of Credit and Home Equity Fixed Loans. In addition, demonstrates proficient knowledge in supplemental mortgage knowledge including Mortgage Insurance, Fixed vs. Adjustable Rate Mortgages and loan sizes (conforming, high balance, jumbo).
- May assist or refer to a branch, with the onboarding of a new member (opening new account and cross-selling additional Logix services)
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Ability):
- Ability to work independently with little direction in the successful completion of a real estate loan.
- Recent customer service and/or sales experience with 2 years working with mortgage loans required.
- Current NMLS license or ability to obtain NMLS license within 6 months of entering the position.
- Ability to handle simultaneous tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment. Ability to meet tight time deadlines while working in high pressure situations.
- Proficient product knowledge of First Trust Deed and Second Trust Deed mortgage loans including understanding of FHA, VA, Conventional, Home Equity Lines of Credit and Home Equity Fixed Loans. In addition, proficient knowledge in supplemental mortgage knowledge including Mortgage Insurance, Fixed vs. Adjustable Rate Mortgages and loan sizes (conforming, high balance, jumbo).
- Familiarity with Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac lending guidelines & knowledge of the laws, regulations and fundamentals of real estate lending.
- Ability to analyze tax returns and accurately calculate income for all types of borrowers.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, customer service, and communication with borrower, processor and RELO.
- Proficient with LOS systems, IE: Prime Alliance, Encompass, etc.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of office products & Mortgageware.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Must also demonstrate conduct consistent with our Corporate Values:
- Practice open Communication with all levels;
- Be Accountable by taking ownership of customer issues and responsibility for one’s actions;
- Foster Teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other employees;
- Seek ways to make the workplace Fun for oneself & others;
- Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and ethical in all work activities and interactions;
- Work with a Service Orientation by having a genuine concern for the needs of one’s customers and by being friendly, professional and following through on commitments; and
- Demonstrate Humility in all interactions and remember to leave one’s ego at the door when one arrives to work.
Logix Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Back to top