- Burbank, CA
The Manager, Programming leads the programming team in the development of solutions on the core system and other related platforms. Interacts with the Credit Union management and staff to understand and analyze their programming and system requirements. Leads and participates in the design of core system-related programming solutions. Directs the programming team in the development and execution of program core system-related solutions to achieve the business objectives. Manages projects and delivers solutions on budget and on time.
- Leads and directs the development of the Credit Union’s core technology systems and related solutions, including but not limited to Symitar Episys system and MeridianLink application system.
- Participates in development of core systems to maximize reliability, efficiency and agility.
- Ensures adherence to established SDLC Policies and applicable desk procedures.
- Provides guidance to programmers in finding the most suitable technical methods and procedures to achieve assigned project objectives.
- Assigns programming and other tasks to department staff, by matching each employee’s workload, experience and skills to those needed to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Analyzes, recommends, and implements changes to computer systems to improve accuracy, efficiency and support of credit union goals.
- Recommends and implements improvements for process automation and workflow.
- Holds staff meetings with assigned personnel to discuss project status, process improvements, measurement results and credit union events.
- Responsible for Change Management activity and communication for technology in Programming’s responsibility.
- Maintains current knowledge of computer technology and makes recommendations for consideration of new technology to management.
- Maintains a good working relationship with managers of other departments for the Programming team.
- Develops annual objectives and budgets and leads the department to accomplish those objectives within the approved budget.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Ability):
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology or Management.
- Four or more years of directly-related technical managerial experience.
- Five years of application development experience with C#.net, Java or Symitar PowerOn languages preferred.
- Experience supporting technology in a financial institution is preferred.
- Experience programming in the Symitar Episys system is preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in accessing personal identifiable information.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong experience with using a personal computer and proficiency with MS Office products such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Must also demonstrate conduct consistent with our Corporate Values:
- Practice open Communication with all levels;
- Be Accountable by taking ownership of customer issues and responsibility for one’s actions;
- Foster Teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other employees;
- Seek ways to make the workplace Fun for oneself & others;
- Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and ethical in all work activities and interactions;
- Work with a Service Orientation by having a genuine concern for the needs of one’s customers and by being friendly, professional and following through on commitments; and
- Demonstrate Humility in all interactions and remember to leave one’s ego at the door when one arrives to work.
Logix Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Back to top