Business Intelligence Developer
The Business Intelligence Developer is under minimal supervision, designs, develops and maintains data visualizations and analysis. This role will be critical in developing and enhancing the level of data maturity within the organization through delivery of insights with the use of visualization software such as Tableau. Responsible for taking proofs of concepts and developing them into fully usable and actionable data artifacts. Working closely with Business Intelligence Analysts, DBAs, Data Management Analysts and ETL developers, this role will be the key end point for delivery of outcomes from the data lifecycle.
- Performs design, development, analysis, and maintenance of key organizational dashboards which display insights and information about department KPIs, metrics, objectives, and key results; fulfill ad-hoc data and report requests.
- Works closely with Data & Analytics staff to take requirements and proofs of concept from idea to actionable data artifacts such as dashboards, alerts, emails and embedded process enhancements.
- Develops end-to-end data lifecycle solutions that take data from source systems through the data lake and into the central repository and data warehouse environments.
- Understands business needs and can articulate requests and goals into technical specifications and requirements to then be developed by the team.
- Creates complex SQL queries to pull critical information from the Data Lake and central data repository (a centralized Data Warehouse); creates visualizations in dashboards or presentations.
- Documents and publishes technical specifications and requirements documentation for future review and reference during subsequent efforts.
- Partners with Data Management team to ensure that developed solutions adhere to department standards and policies.
- Conducts training sessions for those in the organization using BI tools.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Ability):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in statistics, data analysis, data development, database administration or information management.
- Five to seven years of experience in BI tools such as Tableau, Microstrategy, OBIEE or Cognos.
- Expert in SQL and/or similar database languages such as PL/SQL.
- Thorough understanding of OLAP and relational database methodology and concepts such as facts and dimensions.
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into SQL code, SSIS packages or other technical artifacts.
- Extensive experience documenting and translating business requirements to technical and design documentation.
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Understanding of concepts such as MDM, Metadata Management, Data Quality and Profiling.
- Preferred experience with and understands “Big Data” and “Unstructured Data” concepts and technologies such as Hadoop.
- Preferred experience with cloud technologies such as Snowflake.
- Ability to clearly communicate with managers and associates at all levels.
- Experience with financial systems as well as an understanding of Banking and Credit Unions is a plus.
Must also demonstrate conduct consistent with our Corporate Values:
- Practice open Communication with all levels;
- Be Accountable by taking ownership of customer issues and responsibility for one’s actions;
- Foster Teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other employees;
- Seek ways to make the workplace Fun for oneself & others;
- Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and ethical in all work activities and interactions;
- Work with a Service Orientation by having a genuine concern for the needs of one’s customers and by being friendly, professional and following through on commitments; and
- Demonstrate Humility in all interactions and remember to leave one’s ego at the door when one arrives to work.
Logix Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Back to top