Residential Real Estate Loan Officer
The Residential Real Estate Loan Officer works primarily with Realtors & other outside referral sources in an assigned territory to generate real estate loans; evaluate borrower needs & to discuss appropriate loan products. Also takes loan applications in person or over the phone & obtains related documentation as well as pre-qualifies loan applications and issues pre-approval notifications as necessary. Consistently provides “wow” level service to internal and external customers and demonstrates a positive attitude to build new and maintain existing relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops relationships with Realtors, brokers, and other referral sources for the purpose of increasing loan business.
- Accommodates needs of borrowers and Realtors (i.e., meet borrowers at location of their choice, work a Realtor’s “open house”, be available during weekends or evenings, be able to generate preapproval letter off site.)
- Cross-sells and refers other CU products as appropriate and introduces new borrowers to the Branch Sales Manager of the retail branch most convenient to the borrower’s new property address for establishment of membership and additional cross selling of LFCU products and services.
- Consistently provides “wow” level service to internal and external customers.
- Consistently demonstrates effective and appropriate verbal and written communication skills.
- Ensures all files and data input meet compliance and regulatory guidelines.
- Prepares all necessary correspondence including pre-qualification letters, Good Faith Estimates, and Truth-In-Lending disclosures, etc. if necessary.
- Inputs loan data into various processing and underwriting systems including Mortgage Ware, Prime Alliance, DU, LP, Entre, etc. if necessary.
- Monitors individual pipeline of applications that are placed into processing.
- Assists with the evaluation of current application procedures and workflow changes and with the implementation of those changes as requested.
- Assists borrowers with problems or questions regarding lending services.
- Establishes a close working relationship with loan processors, and underwriters to ensure efficient flow of files and member service.
- Stays informed of competitors’ programs as well as external market trends relating to lending.
- Participates in promotions, activities and other campaigns as requested.
- Works with Marketing Department on initiating various activities to increase business.
- Must be an actively registered Mortgage Loan Originator with the NMLS and display their unique identifying number on their LFCU business card and in their LFCU e-mail stationary and on other lending documents as required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience The ideal candidate must have:
- 3 years of real estate lending experience in a similar capacity
- A proven track record of successful loan sales production
- Familiarity with Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac lending guidelines & knowledge of the laws, regulations and fundamentals of real estate lending.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of office products & Mortgageware, LP & DU or other similar systems
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with a degree in finance or real estate preferred.
Must also demonstrate conduct consistent with our Corporate Values:
- Practice open Communication with all levels;
- Be Accountable by taking ownership of customer issues and responsibility for one’s actions;
- Foster Teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other employees;
- Seek ways to make the workplace Fun for oneself & others;
- Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and ethical in all work activities and interactions;
- Work with a Service Orientation by having a genuine concern for the needs of one’s customers and by being friendly, professional and following through on commitments; and
- Demonstrate Humility in all interactions and remember to leave one’s ego at the door when one arrives to work.
Logix Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Meet Some of Logix's Employees
Clark writes programs to help make the Logix system more efficient. Several of the programs Clark has worked on aid frontline staff in performing transactions on member accounts.
Back to top