Participation Loan Coordinator
The Participation Loan Coordinator is responsible for establishing new participation relationships, maintaining the existing relationships, marketing new loan participations and ensuring participation loan activities meet all established guidelines. Will also be responsible for relevant data analysis and reporting as well as hands-on process coordination.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes new participation relationships with participating CUs
- Maintains participation relationships with existing participating CUs
- Markets new loan participation sales to participating CUs
- Makes recommendation to management for Purchases of Commercial loan participations from other CUs.
- Assist in projects to improve participation loan process with other specialized business units.
- Provides annual loan updates or as requested to participating CUs
- Collects and analyzes financials from lead Credit Unions on an annual or as needed basis.
- Regularly meets with participating credit unions to maintain existing participation relationships.
- Facilitates agent financing (LFCU as a servicer and underwriting agent)
- Coordinates funding for participation sales and purchases
- Assists in administering participation agreements with the help of VP, Business Lending and Legal.
- Ensures participation loans meet all CU and regulatory requirements
- Monitors participation arrangements to ensure accuracy of funding for participation purchases and receipt of wire for participation sales.
- Monitors workflows to ensure loan purchases are accurately boarded and reported in accordance to laws & regulations.
- Adheres to a lending culture that is consistent with the CU’s short-term and long-term strategic initiatives
- Strives to achieve annual departmental goals which align with budget and operating plan objectives.
- Establishes and consistently updates formal tracking worksheets/schedules for every loan/pool within the portfolio, based on their payment schedule & maturity.
- Ensures all loans grades are updated accurately and timely, in accordance to internal and external loan reviews.
- Thoroughly investigates payment and/or loan posting irregularities detected during daily tasks.
- Completes loan verifications from lead and servicing institutions.
- May serve as back-up or stand-in for Commercial Loan Officers.
- Must consistently report to work on time, as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have 3 years commercial real estate underwriting or credit analysis experience.
- Must have direct experience with underwriting new loan originations, multi-family and commercial real estate.
- Must have working knowledge of California and Western US real estate markets with an exposure to other markets.
- Must have intermediate to advanced knowledge of Outlook; Internet Explorer; Word and Excel. Experience with Realm Argus is a plus.
- Successful completion of RESPA, FCRA, Reg B, and Reg Z classes within 90 days of employment (to be provided by LFCU).
- Must be able to travel locally & nationally.
- Must have superior oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple priority projects at a time.
- Must be able to effectively work with all levels of employees including senior management.
- Must be able to make effective presentations to individuals and groups
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college with an emphasis in finance or real estate. Formal credit training from a national or regional bank preferred.
Ability to read and interpret complex documents such appraisal reports, environmental reports, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounted cash flows, present value, internal rate of return, interest rates, loan payments, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic accounting, finance, algebra, and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Commercial loan files typically weigh 10 - 15 pounds. The processor will need to be able to move these files in and out of drawers, shelves, and mailing stations. The loan file contents can include small or blurry printing that the processor must be able to read.
Must also demonstrate conduct consistent with our Corporate Values:
- Practice open Communication with all levels;
- Be Accountable by taking ownership of customer issues and responsibility for one’s actions;
- Foster Teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other employees;
- Seek ways to make the workplace Fun for oneself & others;
- Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and ethical in all work activities and interactions;
- Work with a Service Orientation by having a genuine concern for the needs of one’s customers and by being friendly, professional and following through on commitments; and
- Demonstrate Humility in all interactions and remember to leave one’s ego at the door when one arrives to work.
Logix Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Meet Some of Logix's Employees
Clark writes programs to help make the Logix system more efficient. Several of the programs Clark has worked on aid frontline staff in performing transactions on member accounts.
Back to top