Help Desk Technician I
The Help Desk Technician I’s (HD I) primary responsibility is to provide exceptional technical support, through multiple communication channels, to Logix users experiencing issues with computers, software applications, or other equipment. The HD I is also the first point of contact for handling service requests and assisting employees in answering inquiries, obtaining technical requirements, and locating information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides Personal, Professional, and Proactive customer service to Logix users by phone, email, Instant Messaging or in person.
- Answers calls placed to the Logix Helpdesk Hotline and responds to tickets submitted through the Helpdesk Service Portal.
- Obtains, evaluates, and clarifies all relevant information provided from users to open and manage Helpdesk tickets in the Ticket Management System.
- Documents clear and concise descriptions of user issues or requests in Helpdesk Tickets.
- Consistently keeps users informed of troubleshooting efforts performed. Updates problem resolution and notes information in Helpdesk tickets accordingly.
- Strives to provide first contact resolution to users requesting technical assistance before escalating to Tier-2 Support.
- Updates User Accounts (e.g. enables, disables, modifies names, unlocks or resets passwords) in Active Directory, Exchange, Symitar, Citrix, and other systems.
- Performs basic administration and troubleshooting of Windows OS, MS Office Suite, and other company supported applications as required.
- Performs basic administration and troubleshooting of desktop and laptop computers, printers, and other hardware.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment and communicates effectively with our internal customers, other IT personnel, and management.
- Keeps manager and IT team members informed of system issues impacting multiple users across the credit union.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify, research, and resolve basic computer system malfunctions and software problems.
- Assists with documenting solutions, procedures, and other technical information to promote the overall knowledge and effectiveness of the team.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize incident and request tickets.
- Demonstrates an aptitude and willingness to learn and support new systems and applications.
- Possesses a strong desire to learn and ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with a moderate amount of supervision.
- May be occasionally required to travel to branch offices for onsite support and troubleshooting.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Minimum two years supporting a Microsoft Windows OS and Office Suite environment.
- One year supporting Windows 7 Enterprise and Office Suite 2010 is preferred.
- Fundamental knowledge of Networking and Active Directory.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and/or applicable industry certifications are preferred.
Must also demonstrate conduct consistent with our Corporate Values:
- Practice open Communication with all levels;
- Be Accountable by taking ownership of customer issues and responsibility for one’s actions;
- Foster Teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other employees;
- Seek ways to make the workplace Fun for oneself & others;
- Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and ethical in all work activities and interactions;
- Work with a Service Orientation by having a genuine concern for the needs of one’s customers and by being friendly, professional and following through on commitments; and
- Demonstrate Humility in all interactions and remember to leave one’s ego at the door when one arrives to work.
Logix Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Meet Some of Logix's Employees
Clark writes programs to help make the Logix system more efficient. Several of the programs Clark has worked on aid frontline staff in performing transactions on member accounts.
Back to top