Financial Services Officer I
The Financial Services Officer I is responsible for working with new and existing members to identify their financial needs and assist them in selecting, from the Credit Union's offering of both depository and loan products, the financial products and services that best meet the identified needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops member relationships by providing high-quality sales and service to each individual member and works with new and existing members to identify their financial needs, and assists them in the selection of the appropriate financial products and services.
- Supports the achievement of the retail branch office sales goals through the personal selling of all offered financial products including; savings and other depository products; consumer loans (share secured loans, VISA cards, new & used auto loans); consumer loan insurance products (debt protection, credit life & disability, mechanical breakdown insurance, and GAP insurance) and Real Estate Mortgage Loans.
- Assists members in the selection of, completion and submission of a real estate mortgage loans (purchase and refinances).
- Uses credit scoring, sound lending practices, regulatory requirements and sound judgment to make lending decisions for the benefit of the membership; explains reasons for denials and explores options for members when loans are denied such as Credit Counseling rationale methods to improve FICO score.
- Provides advice and assistance to members on budget counseling, consolidations, pay methods and other areas relating to member's financial needs.
- Participates in marketing campaigns and member awareness seminars. Works with outside sources to generate additional business.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Credit Union policies and procedures as the relate to assigned products, including, but not limited to, Truth In Savings and Fair Credit Lending Practices and may assist with branch audits.
- Executes the day-to-day elements of the Credit Union’s Member Experience per established standards. This includes but is not limited to meeting new members at the Concierge station, offering them coffee or water, building rapport, assessing their financial needs though the Credit Union’s Needs Assessment process. Fulfilling the members’ initial need and setting an appointment for a follow up meeting to discuss their other financial needs. Escorting the member all the way to the door and thanking them for their business and reaffirm their decision to do business with LFCU.
- Directly responds to member’s inquiries either in person, via telephone, mail or an internal referral.
- Works with Branch Management in a team atmosphere for the promotion and growth of loan totals, provide information and feedback on branch goals to staff and generate referrals through coaching and encouragement of branch staff.
- Processes member transactions efficiently, accurately, and in a timely manner including the opening of new accounts, consumer loan applications, loan fundings and completing all required related documentation. Responsible for quality and accuracy of all work performed.
- Assists Sales Manager to develop and promote LFCU services to their existing Select Employee Groups (SEGs) for sign up events, benefit fairs and others.
- Participates in all assigned staff development programs in support of the Credit Union's commitment to continuous improvement in sales and service, quality, and teamwork and may be required to participate in the training and development of other staff members.
- May perform routine office and clerical duties such as: requisitioning supplies; maintaining accurate, current files; and other duties as may be assigned.
- May maintain a cash drawer in accordance with assigned cash limits and policy and procedures, balances own daily work and may assist with the daily branch balancing procedures. Accurately completes all related documents (e.g., bank deposit forms, cash shipment forms, monthly cash counts, branch audit certifications, etc.).
- Must be an actively registered Mortgage Loan Originator with the NMLS and display their unique identifying number on their LFCU business card and in their LFCU e-mail stationary and on other lending documents as required.
- Must be willing to travel to other local branches on an as needed basis and therefore must have a valid driver’s license and own reliable mode of transportation.
- Must be willing to be assigned to another local branch as needed and that eligibility for a transfer after assignment is subject to Senior Management approval.
- Must consistently report to work on time, as scheduled.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Have a minimum of 3 years of financial service officer and/or loan officer experience in a financial institution. Bachelors’ degree with business related emphasis a plus.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of depository & loan products, services, insurance of accounts, account vesting, consumer & mortgage lending principles & practices. Knowledge of credit union documents, reports, policies and procedures a plus.
- Obtain the following licenses, skills and authorities within 6 months of entering the position: Notary License, successful completion of New Accounts training and Membership Officer Authority, successful completion of Consumer Loan & RE Loan Officer training program and obtain RE Loan Officer designation.
- Have a working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of Office products. Experience using the Symitar Data system is considered a plus.
- Be willing to travel to other local branches on an as needed basis and therefore must have a valid driver’s license and own mode of transportation.
- Be willing to be assigned to other local branches branch as needed.
Must also demonstrate conduct consistent with our Corporate Values:
- Practice open Communication with all levels;
- Be Accountable by taking ownership of customer issues and responsibility for one’s actions;
- Foster Teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other employees;
- Seek ways to make the workplace Fun for oneself & others;
- Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and ethical in all work activities and interactions;
- Work with a Service Orientation by having a genuine concern for the needs of one’s customers and by being friendly, professional and following through on commitments; and
- Demonstrate Humility in all interactions and remember to leave one’s ego at the door when one arrives to work.
Logix Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Back to top