Facility Maintenance Technician
Under general supervision, the Facilities Maintenance Technician maintains, repairs, and modifies credit union facilites including the corporate headquarters building, branch locations, grounds, and parking lots. Supports special
events as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives and completes daily routine written facilities work orders and verbal instructions from supervisor within departmental guidelines.
- Performs weekly interior Headquarters Building Safety and Maintenance Inspection and/o exterior Headquarters Building and Property Inspection per Facilities procedures and guidelines; creates work orders on online maintenance system to track reported safety and maintenance requirements and completes the work orders as per departmental procedures and guidelines. Communicates promptly to Facilities management any safety issues needing immediate action.
- Monitors conference room set up requirements and prepares rooms with appropriate seating and table accommodations based on requests. Checks all conference rooms Monday through Friday morning to ensure rooms are properly arranged in neat organized order (e.g. tables, chairs at the tables, white boards clean, markers available, and lights working); performs general clean-up to ensure that the room is ready for future use.
- Performs office furniture repairs and interior paint touch-ups as needed. Informs Facilities management when larger areas require painting and obtains quotes from approved third party providers for such services.
- Monitors and repairs carpet as necessary. Notifies Facilities management when more stock carpet is needed in order to keep enough on hand to respond to requirements.
- Monitors and replaces water filters in all sink and ice maker locations in the headquarters building as per procedures and guidelines.
- Maintains positive relationships with all vendors to ensure prompt service.
- Monitors and replaces ceiling tiles as necessary. Notifies Facilities management when more stock tiles are needed in order to keep enough on hand to respond to requirements.
- Monitors third party furniture reconfigurations to ensure accurate and complete work.
- Performs storage box relocation services for various departments throughout the headquarters building.
- Notifies and arranges for company vehicle maintenance services upon Facilities management’s approval.
- Monitors exterior landscape conditions and works with third-party service providers to keep in prime condition.
- Performs janitorial duties as needed.
- Provides prompt, efficient, and courteous service to internal customers; follows up and keeps them informed of the service progress.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Must have three years of facilites and maintenance experience including repair of office furniture in a corporate office environment.
- One year certificate from college or technical school preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of terminology, methods, practices, tools, and procedures related to maintenance and repair and/or basic knowledge of building/construction trade.
- Working knowledge of computer software, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Valid California Driver’s License.
- General knowledge of heating, ventilating, cooling, electrical, plumbing, and modular furniture workstation systems.
- General carpentry.
- Ability to understand scaled construction and installation drawings.
Must also demonstrate conduct consistent with our Corporate Values:
- Practice open Communication with all levels;
- Be Accountable by taking ownership of customer issues and responsibility for one’s actions;
- Foster Teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other employees;
- Seek ways to make the workplace Fun for oneself & others;
- Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and ethical in all work activities and interactions;
- Work with a Service Orientation by having a genuine concern for the needs of one’s customers and by being friendly, professional and following through on commitments; and
- Demonstrate Humility in all interactions and remember to leave one’s ego at the door when one arrives to work.
Logix Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Back to top