Senior DevOps Engineer
- Seattle, WA
(REMOTE, until otherwise noted)
About the role….
Logic 20/20 is looking for experienced Software Engineer(s) to join our team to support the development and operations of a large-scale application, developing new features and capabilities to be deployed to AWS cloud.
Our client is looking to integrate and embed DevOps Engineers within the existing development teams to provide support across the full software development life-cycle for their AWS-based infrastructure.
Within the team structure, you will have a key role in increasing the system’s reliability, scalability and reduce operational overhead through automation.
In this role, you will put to use a diverse set of technical expertise; including DevOps tooling, troubleshooting and debug skills, cloud computing, coding/scripting and infrastructure engineering to provide outstanding customer experiences. Beyond your technical qualification, you will also have a healthy combination of cross-group collaboration skills, communication and relationship building skills.
- 2-3+ years of software development experience in a production environment coding in Java 7 or 8
- 3-5 years of Cloud Operations/DevOps experience on AWS.
- 5+ years of experience in IT Build Engineering, application support and systems delivery.
- Strong knowledge/experience with microservices and use/ orchestration of containers (e.g. Docker, Marathon/Mesos, Kubernetes, Fargate)
- Familiarity with API standards like Swagger, PlantUML
- Logging and Monitoring Telemetry (e.g. ELK, Splunk, Prometheus, Grafana, CloudWatch)
- Experience in software development life cycle activities designing, supporting and deploying systems comprising one or more of the following: Cassandra, Kafka, DynamoDB
- CI/CD Pipeline experience (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Strong practical Linux administration skills in a cloud environment
- Experience with test automation tools (mocha, selenium, phantom.js, etc.)
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written) are essential
- Experience with Jira and helpdesk tools (Remedy, PIER, ServiceNow)
- Knowledge of ITIL (IT Service Management) – incident management, problem management, release management.
- Any experience with Ansible, Terraform, Cloud Formation is ideal
About Logic20/20. . .
Logic20/20 is one of Seattle’s fastest-growing consulting firms. We hire remarkable people to create simple, efficient solutions for complex problems.
Although we make it look like magic, our success is due to our approach (methodical and structured) and the people we hire (smart, motivated, and team oriented). Together, these enable us to consistently exceed client expectations—and our reputation is growing.
For the past five years, we’ve placed in the top ten of Seattle Business magazine’s “Best Companies to Work For”. From engaged leadership and wide-ranging benefits to career mentorship and diverse internal opportunities, we pride ourselves on being one of the best companies to work with and work for.
We hire people that are self-motivated, comfortable conceiving strategies on the fly, and enjoy working individually and as part of a team. Our work is high-energy and demanding, but new hires will quickly feel at home among colleagues as friendly and focused as they are. We bring our best to every opportunity, driving change in industries across the West Coast. Join us and you can, too.
Back to top