Developer - Java (Senior)
- Seattle, WA
Developer – Java (Senior)
(REMOTE, until otherwise noted)
About the Role. . .
We are looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer to develop product software that leverages innovative technologies and cloud services. The ideal candidate will have strong full-stack experience developing rich and intuitive consumer-facing products or highly integrated Java enterprise applications.
Senior Developers are good at:
- Writing server-side application logic in Java or another JVM-based environment
- Implementing new features and optimizing existing ones from server-side controller logic to browser code
- Working closely across a variety of teams including product management, interaction designers, and backend engineers
- Coming with a dedicated and enthusiastic approach to solving problems
- Using a detailed approach to writing tests
- 7+ years software development experience
- A strong technical background coding in Java 7 or 8
- 2-3+ years of experience with AWS technologies such as S3 and Dynamo DB
- Experience with creating and consuming RESTful, Query, and hybrid APIs using OAuth 2.0
- Java microservices in Spring Boot is required; Spring Cloud is highly preferred
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes and/or Docker is highly preferred
- Experience with Kafka is preferred
- Hands-on experience with the latest technologies and delivery methodologies: microservices, AWS, Docker, Angular 2
- Technical depth that allows you to rapidly fix bugs
- Experience with continuous integration development environment
- Knowledge of core CS concepts such as common data structures and algorithms, profiling/optimization, cost optimization problems/machine learning
- Proficient in writing server-side application logic in Java or another JVM-based environment
- Deep understanding of Java API integration technologies and practical experience
- Familiarity with common source control systems
About Logic20/20. . .
Logic20/20 is one of Seattle’s fastest-growing consulting firms. We hire remarkable people to create simple, efficient solutions for complex problems.
Although we make it look like magic, our success is due to our approach (methodical and structured) and the people we hire (smart, motivated, and team-oriented). Together, these enable us to consistently exceed client expectations—and our reputation is growing.
For the past five years, we’ve placed in the top ten of Seattle Business magazine’s “Best Companies to Work For”. From engaged leadership and wide-ranging benefits to career mentorship and diverse internal opportunities, we pride ourselves on being one of the best companies to work with and work for.
We hire people that are self-motivated, comfortable conceiving strategies on the fly, and enjoy working individually and as part of a team. Our work is high-energy and demanding, but new hires will quickly feel at home among colleagues as friendly and focused as they are. We bring our best to every opportunity, driving change in industries across the West Coast. Join us and you can, too.
Back to top