Systems Security Engineer - Embedded Design and Development - Cyber/ Grand Prairie, TX
Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control Division is seeking a System Security Engineer for a position in Grand Prairie, TX which provides an opportunity to advance cutting-edge cybersecurity technology supporting some of our nation's most advanced defense systems.
A successful applicant should have a proven record of possessing deep technical System Security Engineering expertise and a history of developing and presenting solutions and proposals to meet customer needs.
• The candidate must possess deep embedded cybersecurity domain experience, and can take a broad systems perspective to strategies, priorities, and requirements for system security solutions.
• Demonstrate the ability to apply critical thinking using a diversity of technical skills and expertise, and effectively communicate options, insights, and trade-offs to customers in a concise way that enables action.
• Experience formally defining problems, formulate requirements, develop technical approaches, and apply analytical methods to design and objectively evaluate proposed solutions.
Cyber expertise in one or more of the following area: cyber risk management, cyber vulnerability assessment, secure software and hardware design, cyber system modeling and simulation, cryptography, program protection, systems and countermeasures, TEMPEST, Test Equipment, Platform Information Technology (PIT)/PIT System experience.
Candidates must have experience working in an integrated team environment with other systems, software and specialty engineers to develop security solutions using engineering processes and methods.
Experience in ballistic missile defense or air defense operations is highly desired.
Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to clearly and effectively present technical approaches and findings.
• Familiarity and design experience through the DoD systems lifecycle
• Bachelor of Science in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering
Must have an active security clearance
• Extensive Experience developing DOD National Security Systems
• 5 - 10 years of systems engineering experience supporting technical programs
• Experience applying Risk Management Framework to DoD PIT or IS weapons systems
• Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively
• Experience evaluating security components
• Security Verification Testing experience
• Embedded systems domain experience
• Experience with vulnerability scanning and software Assurance (SwA)
• Possess DoD 8570 approved baseline certification for IAT Level II (CISSP, CAP, etc.)
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Grand Prairie Texas
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top