Systems Engineer Sr / Cyber / Risk Management Framework / Systems Security- Orlando, FL
At Lockheed Martin, youâ€™ll have an opportunity to create a better world every day. For most individuals, our work challenges belong merely to headlines and tweets. But our employees routinely experience a broad range of programs and projects, each geared to important human needs. Whatever your assignment, youâ€™ll use your education and experience to take on formidable challenges. Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
So take on whatâ€™s never been done before. Become a Lockheed Martin Cyber Security engineer. You are meant to solve the hardest challenges.
The Cyber-security Engineer will apply cyber-security policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all Department of Defense (DOD) technology solutions. You will develop recommendations and courses of action to solve complex embedded cyber-security problems. The candidate will participate as a security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementations and/or integration of DOD tactical systems.
In addition, you will identify security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems, applications and new technology initiatives. The selected candidate will assist architects and system developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate cyber-security functionality to ensure uniform application of DOD security policy and apply system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following: system security design process; engineering life cycle; cross domain solutions; cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; auditing; certification and accreditation process; security verification testing. Candidate will prepare all Risk Management Framework (RMF) artifacts required of the contractor (and system owner, if required) to achieve Authority to Operate. Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures. Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle. Designs perimeter defense systems including intrusion detection systems, firewalls, sensors, etc.; ability to enhance rule sets to detect or block sources of malicious traffic; and establishes a protective net of layered defenses to prevent, detect, and eradicate threats. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of cyber-security security procedures and safeguards to ensure they provide the intended level of protection.
So go into the cyber terrain that most people know only from headlines and sci-fi. Become part of the Cybersecurity Team at Lockheed Martin. You are meant to make a difference.
- Experience applying DIACAP or RMF to DoD PIT or IS weapons systems
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Experience evaluating security components against their ability to resist threats in their intended environment
- Embedded systems domain experience
- Experience with vulnerability scanning and traffic sniffing
- DoD 8570 approved baseline certification for IAT Level II
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Program protection lead experience on a DoD program of record
- System security engineering lead experience on a DoD program of record
- Domain experience in areas such as hardware design, software design, penetration testing, encryption, networks, RTOS, cross domain solutions
- Experience with fuzzers, exploitation tools, forensics and reverse engineering tools
- DoD 8570 approved baseline certification for IAT Level III
- DoD 8570 approved baseline certification for IAM Level III
- DoD 8570 approved baseline certification for IASAE Level III
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martinâ€™s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customersâ€™ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where weâ€™re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Orlando Florida
Back to top