Systems Engineer - Integration & Test - I&T - Special Operations Forces
SOF CLSS is seeking a systems engineer (SE) to perform integration and test (I&T) activities in support of the Special Operations Forces Support Activity (SOFSA) Program. As an SE I&T team member, you will work as part of an engineering team based in Lexington, KY. This program is critical to the success of US service men and women deployed throughout the world. Our mission is to rapidly and properly equip the SOF community and its war fighters with the best possible systems and equipment anywhere in the world. The team is focused mainly on modifying existing aircraft and integrating modified components (primarily electrical and mechanical) into various platforms based on customer specifications. The SE I&T Engineer will initially support the rotary mission area, but may occasionally support the fixed wing mission area, as required.
The SE I&T Engineer will support the engineering team during design, integration, verification, ground and flight test, and customer support phases of the program. The SE I&T Engineer will develop and present I&T information for internal and external program reviews. The SE I&T Engineer will interface with engineering management, program management, customer I&T points of contact, and other internal organizations to ensure that necessary equipment, facilities, and resources are available to support I&T activities.
I&T tasks include test planning and coordination, development of test plans, development of detailed test and demonstration procedures, demonstration and test execution, daily communication of progress to program leadership, integration issue identification and troubleshooting, demonstration/test result evaluation, and documentation of demonstration/test results.
• Experience with architecture definition for integrating new subsystems with existing systems
• Experience with developing electrical and mechanical interface requirements
• Experience deriving system and design requirements from customer statement of work and customer provided information
• Experience with tracking verification activities and supporting integration and test activities
• Proficient in using DOORS 9.5 for requirements management
• Familiarity with specialty engineering areas of Safety, Human Factors, Reliability, and Maintainability
• Familiar with Systems Engineering and Design processes
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Aeronautical Engineering Preferred
• Experience in developing and presenting program review information with customer and upper management
• Experience with rapid response programs (e.g., IRAD or quick reaction task order type contracts)
• Experience with rotary and fixed wing military aircraft
• Experience with diversely located and multi-company teams (subcontract and customer contracted team members)
• Experience in simultaneously supporting multiple programs
• MS in Systems Engineering is preferred
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Lexington Kentucky
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top