Systems Engineer / Infrared Camera Systems Engineer / Santa Barbara, CA
Seeking a motivated, driven systems engineer capable of supporting the development of IR sensors. The candidate must be organized, have strong presentation skills and ability to conduct customer coordination. The candidate will be responsible for managing requirements of development and or production programs, evaluating data for compliance prior to product shipment, performing analysis, and working towards project leadership. The candidate should be familiar with EO/IR metrics and analysis, system concepts of imaging systems, and requirements management. Candidate must be familiar with programs schedules, budgets, and possess cursory knowledge of EVM. Engineer will also perform system debugging and troubleshooting, and provide technical direction and support to production operations
You will have the opportunity to work within a small site with a big impact for a large corporation. The Multi-disciplined engineering team provides exposure and growth potential in a number of areas and the ability to interact directly with industry experts, directors, and customers. Located near UCSB and the beach with great weather, outdoor lifestyle, and diverse culture with the option to work a flexible schedule- so you can enjoy all that the Santa Barbara area has to offer.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Goleta is a city in southern Santa Barbara County, California. Goleta is part of the central coast region of California and offers lots of great scenery and is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is known primarily for agriculture and tourism. Major crops include wine grapes, lettuce, strawberries, and artichokes. Goleta is near the University of California, Santa Barbara campus. Much of Goleta is considered to be a quiet suburban community while Santa Barbara tends to attract most of the tourists and the area's residents. Goleta is about 8 miles west of the city of Santa Barbara, along the coast (the coast runs east to west in this portion of southern California). Where can you drive to from Goleta? Goleta is 2 hours northwest of Los Angeles. San Francisco is about 5 hours to the north of Goleta. Las Vegas, NV is about 5 hours to the northeast.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in an engineering, mathematics, or science field
• Systems engineering experience
• Strong presentation and written communications skills
• Customer interface experience
• Experience with performance metrics of imaging camera systems
• Desire to lead technical teams to meet cost, schedule, and performance goals.
• Basic understanding of infrared sensor systems
• Troubleshooting and failure analysis experience
• Ability to obtain a secret security clearance so must be a US Citizen.
• Master's degree or PhD from an accredited college in related discipline
• Understanding of infrared FPA manufacturing technologies
• Experience with closed cycle cryogenic systems and vacuum packaging
• MATLAB programming
• Radiometric testing and analysis of IR systems or sensors
• Electrical background or familiarity with electronics and equipment related to infrared video collection, analysis, and test
• Experience with modeling IR/EO system performance
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Goleta California
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top