System Integration Engineer, Orlando FL
Seeking a Systems Integration and Test Engineer to join the Platform Integration team. Position will support Missile/Platform Integration activities including traveling to various test facilities to execute the associated ground and flight test activities. Position requires a self-starting individual in fast paced customer driven environment.
The major tasks include:
a. Support the planning, coordination and execution of Missile/Platform Integration activities at various test facilities.
b. Activities to include AIL, interface working groups, airworthiness activities, separation testing, noise and Vibe as well as Ground and flight test activities.
c. Create and update test plans, procedures and reports
d. Daily interaction and interface with cross functional disciplines.
e. Support the Requirement Verification process with supporting artifacts.
f. Interface with government entities and customers while in the field.
Candidate needs to have a strong technical background with technical problem-solving skills plus:
• Ability to coordinate the integration of the total system solution and develop test concepts consistent with product requirements and customer considerations.
• Onsite support for lab integration for software integration and on platform flight test support required.
• Well versed in the Systems Engineering integration and test process and have a good understanding of systems engineering practices and work products.
• Demonstrated System Integration and Test experience.
• Demonstrated ability in generating high-quality test plans, procedures and reports.
• Understanding of the failure analysis and corrective action process.
• Experienced in preparing/planning/coordinating and leading Pre-Ship and Test Readiness Reviews
• Effective communication skills in a customer driven environment
• Exhibit strong written and verbal communications skills across functional disciplines.
• Must be a self-starter, be team oriented, and capable of contributing in a fast paced, integrated product team environment.
• Knowledge of requirements, ICDs and requirement verification
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products and generating Power Point presentations.
A Systems Integration Engineer verifies that testable hardware and software modules can be assembled and connected in a manner that achieves the overall system's physical, functional and performance requirements objectives. This responsibility applies to both newly designed developmental items and mature hardware coming off the assembly line. The design verification process is performed to a well- constructed Integration and Test plan derived from requirements generated in DOORS and associated ICD's which validates built-in system performance from the lowest level modules to the final assembled system.
Systems Integration Engineers must operate comfortably with all engineering disciplines including software engineers, designers, and production personnel. Interface with suppliers of modules and critical hardware vendors is an important associated activity. The ability to troubleshoot problems and coordinating other system integration participants is of great value in performing these duties. Broad system knowledge including an understanding of the subsystem hardware and software capabilities in servo control, sensor capabilities, emitter capability and permissions for use, intended application, and safety related issues are very important. Customer presentations including performance results and schedule status.
A valuable capability for a Systems Integration Engineer is the ability to manage security issues including protection of classified hardware and software, software loading requirements and capabilities, and use and management of associated test equipment.
Candidate must have an interim secret prior to start.
Experience with DOORS is of significant benefit.
• Platform Integration experience is highly desirable
• Knowledge of 1553 and 1760 logical communication highly desired.
• Knowledge of Airworthiness process
• Experience with Radar/RF, GPS, GNC, Electro-optical sensors
• Familiarity with tactical missile environment
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Orlando Florida
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top