System Integration and Test Engineer Senior - Special Operations Forces
SOF GLSS is looking for a strong System Engineer (SE) at our Ft. Walton Beach, FL facility. SOF GLSS segment supports the customer with a quick turnaround of activities from the proposal through Task Order (TO) execution. This program is critical to the success of US service men and women deployed throughout the world. Our mission is to rapidly and properly equip the SOF community and its war fighters with the best possible systems and equipment anywhere in the world.
This individual needs to be a self-starter that is well versed in the Systems Engineering process and will support activities during the proposal and through TO execution. The candidate will be responsible for systems engineering requirements and interface development, flow down, and the aircraft level Integration/Test of the LM MFC SOF systems into C130 variants or other military platforms and the associated integration with the GFE provided components. Tasks include the coordination and planning of ground tests/flight tests, troubleshooting system issues, and execution for the test program. The candidate should have a strong technical background and will be the primary customer interface on a daily basis during the test program. Prepare/plan/coordinate and present at the Test Readiness and Flight Readiness reviews along with associated data reviews. Good technical problem solving skills, including support of Failure analysis and corrective action activities. Candidate needs to have total system experience planning, designing, and executing aircraft modifications from inception through production and sustainment. An individual that is disciplined, well organized and has demonstrated strong communication skills. Good professional presence and attitude when interfacing with customer. Familiarity with military requirements and products desired. Past and proven experience interfacing with customers during field testing required.
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college
• Self-starter that is well organized, disciplined, team player and well versed in the Systems Engineering process.
• Working knowledge and experience with the coordination, planning and execution of military ground test/flight test activities.
• Experience with generating System Engineering work products (SEMP, Master Test Plan, System Specification, Trades Studies, Test Procedures, Test Plans and Reports, etc.).
• Candidate needs to have experience in Systems Engineering design, requirements and interface generation, integration, and test. Individual needs strong trouble shooting skills and proven ability to drive issues to closure.
• Experienced and proficient in using a requirements management tool for managing, linking and tracing requirements.
• Strong communication skills with a good professional presence and attitude when interfacing with the customer. Proven past experience interfacing with customers. Familiar with preparing and presenting at program related reviews.
• Knowledge of military Integration/Test, platform integration and the coordination and planning of military ground and flight testing.
• Good teaming, communication and leadership skills required.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products and Power Point presentations.
• Experience with flight test instruments and data acquisition systems.
• Experience with aircraft level EMC/EMI test verification and investigations.
• Familiarity with software integration and test considered a plus.
• Experience in responding to Requests for proposals, providing engineering estimates and generating basis of estimates.
• Detailed knowledge and experience in the maintenance and testing of C-130 aircraft
• Familiarity with rapid response programs
• Experience in using DOORS as requirement management tool
• Experience in testing US military products and familiarity with military specifications and standards.
• Experience in leading and supporting failure analysis and corrective action activities.
• Experience in working programs from concept, development, integration, and test
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Fort Walton Beach Florida
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top