Staff Systems Test Engineer - Airborne Sensors- Orlando FL
Lockheed Martin's Missiles and Fire Control business is experiencing some substantial growth at our campus in sunny Orlando, FL. We are seeking an experienced Systems Test Engineer to join our team.
At Lockheed Martin, youâ€™ll have an opportunity to create a better world every day. For most individuals, our work challenges belong merely to headlines and tweets. But our employees routinely experience a broad range of programs and projects, each geared to important human needs. Whatever your assignment, youâ€™ll use your education and experience to take on formidable challenges. Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
-Manage the test activities for an important Lockheed Martin airborne sensor program including system integration, Environmental Qualification tests, design verification tests, SIL integration, and off-site flight tests.
- Will have direct customer interface and will be presenting at technical reviews conducted for both program management and the customer. Presentations will include periodic Program Management Reviews (PMR).
- Will also be responsible for conducting both internal and customer focused Test Readiness Reviews (TRR) for major program events.
- Will be responsible for planning, scheduling, and performing Cost Account Manager (CAM) duties for the systems test team.
A Secret clearance current within the last five years is required.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area. This region is a great place to live and to raise a family. Central Florida offers lots of attractive residential housing options. The Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area in the southeastern United States. The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most part. Orlando is home to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Florida, and SeaWorld. Orlando is also home to the second largest University in the US, the University of Central Florida (UCF). Where can you get to from Orlando? Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the "space coast" to include NASA and the Kennedy Space Center. Tampa is about 1.5 hours from Orlando. West Palm Beach is about 2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast. Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.
Significant experience with field and Environmental test programs is required.
Must be able to demonstrate the ability to perform the following System Test assignments:
- Participate in the DOORS requirements definition process to assure testability is built-in to the system end-to end-development process.
- Perform verification and validation (V&V) testing of developed systems to assure intended performance in user operational tests.
- Assist in the definition and implementation of risk reduction testing is an integral part of the system test process.
- Generate plans to develop and properly allocate resources including test articles, test facilities, and associated test equipment.
- Generate test failure documentation capture plans to assure retention of failure related evidence for FRB review.
- Generate formal test plans and procedures which normally require customer approval.
- Coordinate test results with program design engineers, with simulation and modeling engineers, and with customer representatives.
- Assure proper documentation of test article configuration, test set up, and verification of test equipment certification and calibration.
- Rigorously implement Security and safety requirements.
- Participate with the Government test planning/execution activity in a training, coordination, and consultant capacity.
Experience with DOORS is beneficial.
Demonstrated test team leadership experience is highly desired.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martinâ€™s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customersâ€™ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where weâ€™re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Orlando Florida
Back to top