Staff System Integration and Test Engineer, Orlando FL
Lockheed Martin's Missiles and Fire Control business is experiencing some substantial growth at our campus in sunny Orlando, FL. We are seeking a Staff Integration and Test (I&T) Engineer who will assume responsibility for planning and conducting laboratory and field compatibility testing between laser and laser guided munitions. This role oversees the efforts of 2 to 3 direct reports.
At Lockheed Martin, youâ€™ll have an opportunity to create a better world every day. For most individuals, our work challenges belong merely to headlines and tweets. But our employees routinely experience a broad range of programs and projects, each geared to important human needs. Whatever your assignment, youâ€™ll use your education and experience to take on formidable challenges. Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
The effort will culminate in a flight demonstration to validate integrated system performance. The effort requires planning and conducting laboratory tests, assisting with the planning of the offsite testing, and leading the offsite testing at Lockheed Martin facilities in Colorado. The I&T Engineer will also lead on-site support of a flight data collection capability and oversee live ordinance delivery at a remote location. Experience with the tactical Fire Control systems and laser guided weapons is required. Proven ability to lead a Systems Engineering team through integration and testing must be demonstrated.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, possess the ability to strive under limited supervision in a variety of work environments and be proactive in consulting experts and off-program support to independently resolve issues. Candidate must be able to coordinate the efforts with LM Space test site personnel.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area. This region is a great place to live and to raise a family. Central Florida offers lots of attractive residential housing options. The Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area in the southeastern United States. The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most part. Orlando is home to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Florida, and SeaWorld. Orlando is also home to the second largest University in the US, the University of Central Florida (UCF). Where can you get to from Orlando? Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the "space coast" to include NASA and the Kennedy Space Center. Tampa is about 1.5 hours from Orlando. West Palm Beach is about 2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast. Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.
- Verify that integrated HW and SW modules can achieve the overall physical, functional and performance objectives.
- Verify that system interfaces are compliant to associated ICD's.
- Interface with suppliers to assure that their components are properly validated prior to delivery.
- Manage security issues including protection of classified hardware and software, and software loading requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of subsystem HW/SW capabilities, sensor capability, emitter capability, and permissions for their use.
- Design a system verification process that is performed to well-constructed I&T Plans derived from DOORS requirements.
- Assure that system built-in performance has been achieved from the lowest level modules to the final assembled system.
- Demonstrate the ability to operate comfortably with software engineers, designers, and production personnel.
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot problems and coordinate other integration participants for I&T program efficiency.
- Deliver effective Customer presentations that include performance results, schedule status, and corrective action details.
- Demonstrate awareness of test equipment management including function, calibration and security requirements.
- Verify that test data is recorded and cataloged appropriately.
- Generate concise but thorough test reports purpose-built for use in functional configuration audits and related V&V events.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martinâ€™s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customersâ€™ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where weâ€™re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Orlando Florida
Back to top