Staff ElectroMechanical Engineer / Hardware Development & Packaging / Grand Prairie, TX
Lockheed Martin is seeking a Hardware Electro-Mechanical Packaging Design Engineer for a position in Grand Prairie, TX who will be responsible for the hardware development for missile and / or fire control electronics and general packaging support.
Activity will require:
Cross functional coordination to complete hardware design effort to support hardware integration for the designed weapon system.
Research, development and design of components, equipment and networks for military applications.
The engineer will be responsible for interfacing with electrical engineers in the design of electronic packaging and interpreting system interconnect diagram(s), harness schematics, and providing guidance for improving the layout based on best physical routing practices. The engineer will also be responsible for harness piece-part/component selection to meet interfacing hardware and environmental requirements.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Grand Prairie is part of the â€Mid-Citiesâ€ region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
- Candidate must have a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline
- Requires 5 or more years of electro-mechanical design experience of airborne avionics, missile and/or ground-based equipment.
- Design experience should include chassis, electro-mechanical assembly, electrical cable and/or network design
- Candidate must have experience with cabling / harness, CCA and PWB design
- The engineer must be proficient with the Pro/Cable module in Creo, have good communication skills, and be able to work with internal and external customers.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in Mechanical, Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Working knowledge of printed wiring board and surface mount technologies
- Working knowledge of military and / or industry hardware specifications
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martinâ€™s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customersâ€™ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where weâ€™re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Grand Prairie Texas
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top