Staff ElectroMechanical Engineer / Electronic Packaging & Hardware Design / Grand Prairie, TX
Lockheed Martin is seeking a Hardware Electro-Mechanical Packaging Design Engineer for a position in Grand Prairie, TX who will be responsible for the hardware development for missile and / or fire control electronics and general packaging support.
Activity will require:
Cross functional coordination to complete hardware design effort to support hardware integration for the designed weapon system.
Research, development and design of components, equipment and networks for military applications.
The engineer will be responsible for the electronic packaging of high density electronics. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, interpretation of requirements, complete vehicle electronics packaging in a confined space, board outlines, component selection, interfacing ECAD/MCAD data with board layout engineers, overseeing hardware assembly and testing. Design activities to be performed within Creo 3D modeling environment. Should have knowledge of thermal and structural design principles and how they apply to electronic equipment.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Grand Prairie is part of the "Mid-Cities" region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
- Candidate must have a Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline
- Design experience should include chassis, electro-mechanical assembly, electrical cable and/or network design
- Working knowledge of CCA/PWA packaging design.
- The engineer must be proficient with Creo 3D modeling software, have good communication skills, and be able to work with internal and external customers.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in Mechanical, Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Working knowledge of printed wiring board and surface mount technologies
- Working knowledge of military and / or industry hardware specifications
- Experience with cabling / harness, CCA and PWB design.
- Experience with ASME Y14.5M-1994 Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Grand Prairie Texas
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top