Sr. Manufacturing Planner / Grand Prairie, TX
At Lockheed Martin, you'll have an opportunity to create a better world every day. For most individuals, our work challenges belong merely to headlines and tweets. But our employees routinely experience a broad range of programs and projects, each geared to important human needs. Whatever your assignment, you'll use your education and experience to take on formidable challenges. Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
Works in the Production, Planning and Control organization as a Scheduler, Make, Buy or Bill of Materials (BOM) Planner. Coordinates interdepartmental activity with quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, traffic, contracts administration, etc.; schedules and expedites the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders. Requires travel and/or communication to all production sites and vendor locations. Work outside of the normal operating hours may be required.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Grand Prairie is part of the "Mid-Cities" region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Demonstrated proficient knowledge of computer systems, databases, and programs
- Excellent communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work with multiple levels of Management, industry peers, a represented workforce and internal and external customers.
- Possess knowledge of lean manufacturing
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving, and multitasking skills
- Strong Experience with SAP.
- Bachelor's degree in an associated discipline or an equivalent combination of experience and education
- Inventory Control and material handling knowledge
- Black Belt trained / certified
- Ability to understand engineering drawings and parts lists
- APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- MMAS experience.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Grand Prairie Texas
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top