Sr. Manufacturing Engineer / Grand Prairie, TX
Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to lead a Program Manufacturing team. This position will lead a team of manufacturing engineers that provides support to production and development programs. The team members will indirectly report to this lead role.
This role will be the main point of contact for manufacturing engineering activities related to the assigned programs. The lead should be knowledgeable in the program manufacturing engineering core competencies, capable of being the subject matter expert in some, but not all of these competencies. This role is anticipated to be capable of delegating or assigning tasks, as well as provide guidance and direction. Making decisions on the issues at hand will be expected.
- Coordinating the manufacturing team members to address issues and actions
- Successfully complete key activities impacting the program
- Collaborate with Program Management and other functions
- Capable of leading production validation events
- Communicate and maintain relationship with customer counterparts
- Creating and maintaining Manufacturing Engineering Statement of Work and Make/Buy documents
- Submitting complete and accurate proposal numbers and basis of estimate
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Grand Prairie is part of the "Mid-Cities" region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. This North Central region of Texas is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is home to numerous colleges and universities to include University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, University of North Texas, Southern Methodist University, Southern Methodist University, and Texas Woman's University. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
- Familiar with the following core competencies
- Earned Value Management System
- Engineering Change Request
- Notice of Change
- Proficient in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Ability to travel to Lockheed Martin sites and suppliers
- Program Production Engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree in an associated discipline or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma principles
- Ability to obtain a US Government issued Security Clearance
- SAP experience
- Intermediate skill level in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc .)
- Ability to interpret drawings, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, product/performance specifications and other systems integration technical data
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Ability to effectively present technical information to non-technical people
- Effective interpersonal skills, including team building
- Collaboration and development of enduring business relationships that resulted in successful projects and actions.
- Previous production experience and understanding of the either the HIMARS, GMLRS or ATACMS systems.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Grand Prairie Texas
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top