Quality Assurance Lead / Orlando, FL
This position is responsible for supervising second shift Inspection personnel at the Orlando Sand Lake Road Center facility. General Responsibilities; The supervisor will be responsible for assigning daily job assignments, establishing department priorities, assigning inspection resources as needed, identifying employee development requirements, monitoring staff output for quality and quantity of work, coordinating subordinate employee selection, employee recognition, performance assessment and disciplinary actions.
Primary job function is to provide daily planning, prioritizing and coordination of resources required to ensure timely flow of compliant product to Manufacturing Operations and return of non-compliant material to suppliers through coordination of activities among Quality, Procurement, Production Control, Shipping/Receiving and other internal organizations.
This is accomplished through the following;
• Ensuring product complies to specification
• Assuring completeness of work and adherence to company, divisional and departmental command media
• Support for maintenance/creation of effective Inspection Plans and adherence to such
• Experience leading a project or team
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Strong people and team building skills.
• Self-motivated, Independent Individual
• Ability to navigate, interpret and validate compliance to company specs and requirements.
• Ability to manage ambiguity, consistently exercise sound judgment, general business acumen and lead a group of diverse people and personalities.
• Proficiency in reading engineering drawings and/or blueprints.
• Exposure/awareness of AS9100/ISO requirements as appropriate
• Basic understanding of electrical and mechanical manufacturing processes.
-Familiarity with MFC Quality processes and procedures.
• Experience with MFC's ProdOps/P2P/Apriso Systems
• Understanding and management of Operating budgets
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• Green Belt Trained/Certified
• IPC 610 familiarity
• GD&T familiarity
• Understanding of electromechanical and/or electro-optical assemblies
• Understanding of optics manufacturing/inspection requirements
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Orlando Florida
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top