QA Engineer Asc - Lufkin, TX
Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control (LMMFC) Lufkin, TX is seeking a motivated and driven Quality Engineer. As a recognized designer, developer and manufacturer of precision engagement aerospace and defense systems for the U.S. and allied militaries, LMMFC offers the vital capabilities needed to provide our war fighting and civilian customers the products and services they need in their defining moments. This opening is for a Quality Engineering role specialized in the development of work instructions to support the inspection, verification and validation to assure product and process integrity. The functional quality planning activities include but are not limited to the creation and maintenance of work instructions, ensuring accurate definition of inspection criteria as needed to satisfy contract, engineering drawing and specification requirements. Supports program personnel in the First Article Inspection process per command media requirements. Works with procurement to establish and maintain vendor planning, and works constantly in SAP ensuring accuracy of operation/inspection operations. Supports all production programs and work areas to enhance quality inspection methodology while ensuring standardization of process definition within documented work instructions.
Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• Engineering or Quality experience developing methods, work instructions and procedures for the inspection of manufactured products
• Able to interpret contracts, drawings and specifications to develop and apply quality test and inspection methods and able to translate into work instructions
• Demonstrated ability to use causal analysis tools to analyze and resolve technical/process issues varying from basic to very complex
• Experience with use of inspection gages, computer literate, ability to develop test and inspection plans and corrective action/process improvement experience
• Proficient skill level with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Effective Communication Skills: Written, Oral, Listening, Technical Writing
• Effective interpersonal skills, including team building and collaboration
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Lufkin Texas
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top