Proposal Writer / Coordinator / Portland, OR
About the role:
Lockheed Martin Energy (LM Energy) is recruiting an experienced Proposal Writer / Coordinator located in Portland, OR to work closely with our Distributed Energy Solutions Business Development and Program teams to lead proposal efforts that result in compelling, customized, winning proposals. Duties include integrating writing from numerous sources and developing customized content to respond to RFIs/RFPs and follow-up questions. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the entire proposal development and submission process and must ensure that proposals meet the RFP objectives. The Proposal Writer / Coordinator should have an established proposal development process and will be required to meet tight deadlines, interview internal and external subject matter experts and drive proposals through final production. To be successful, the Proposal Writer / Coordinator must be adept at multi-tasking and time management to thrive in a deadline-driven environment. The position will focus primarily on opportunities with electric and natural gas utilities in the Western U.S. The Proposal Writer / Coordinator will report to the National Business Development Manager.
• Lead and manage the proposal creation process for the responses LM Energy develops in conjunction with RFPs and RFIs issued by electric and gas utilities
• Review and interpret solicitations to identify key items required for a compliant response
• Work with Business Development and Program teams to identify win themes, positioning points, key messages, value proposition and differentiators related to each request
• Consistently implement LM Energy brand messaging, including voice, style and win themes, within all responses
• Set up and develop proposal components (executive summary, body, exhibits, attachments), including format and layout, templates, graphics, tables, diagrams and charts
• Provide technical writing, editing and proofreading of all proposals for content, grammar, style and formatting
• Implement a proposal development process that gathers input from relevant stakeholders and incorporates a thorough review process for relevant team members
• Collaborate with internal subject matter experts to inform responses to RFPs, to ensure technical and product accuracy, and to refresh RFP response templates and databases at regular intervals
• Coordinate activities and help develop materials for orals presentations, discussion and final proposal revisions
• Responsible for high-quality content and appearance for final proposal product and on-time delivery of proposal and supporting documents
• Help develop and support the win-loss analysis process
• Maintain a calendar of opportunities as well as updates in internal tools, as necessary
• Proactively work to continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the RFP response process
• Exceptional written and verbal communications
• Ability to collaborate with diverse constituent groups (sales, product management, IT, finance, operations and senior management)
• High degree of flexibility to accommodate changes in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent project management skills with high level of attention to detail
• Ability to travel
• Bachelor's degree required
• Analytical: synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures
• Project Management: ability to work independently to meet specified project timelines and effectively report progress, obstacles, and issues to the Sales team.
• Written Communication: writes clearly, informatively, and accurately; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; able to read and quickly interpret written information
• Graphical Communication: demonstrates the ability to present numerical, process, and sequential information in creative and informative ways, using graphs, charts, diagrams, and other visual formats
• Planning/Organizing: prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans
Utility and/or Energy related RFP experience a plus
• Established home office desired
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Portland Oregon
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top