Project Engineer Senior Staff - Product Support Group Lead - Special Operations Forces
The successful candidate will lead the Product Support Group at SOF CLSS and report to the SOF-CLSS Chief Engineer. The candidate will serve as a mentor and lead for 10-15 team members working 5-10 programs on various platforms.
1) Control Account Manager (CAM) responsibilities in adherence with the business rhythm (baseline activities, VARs, IMS status, ETC updates, Manpower forecast and subcontract management)
2) BOE development/support
3) Strong provisioning skills to lead/mentor team of personnel working independently in a military contractor based logistics environment. The candidate should have a strong understanding of joint service application of Source, Maintenance and Recoverability (SM&R) and understanding of Maintenance task codes and their application and relationship to provisioning analyses. Candidate should have an understanding this includes knowledge of concepts, requirements and execution of Reliability Maintainability Analysis, Maintenance Task Analysis, Level or Repair Analysis, Provisioning Analysis and techniques, Spares Modeling, Training Analysis, Support Equipment Analysis, Packaging, Handling, Storage and Transportability Analysis, Facilities Analysis, and Technical Publications Development and documentation.
4) Development of Product Support strategies to ensure supportability is considered and maintained throughout the program life cycle.
5) Oversees leads and ensures task are being managed
6) Coordinate with disciplines within the SOF CLSS organization to ensure good communication for creating Technical Publications and guiding and supporting Technical Authors during creation of Technical Publications.
7) Proofread drafts of created data packages and providing applicable feedback related to maintenance, operational, grammatical or formatting problems inside publications to ensure customer requirements are met.
8) Assist in writing, rewriting and/or editing technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences.
9) Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Conducts quality review of materials.
10) Development metrics and tools to improve Mission area performance
11) Work with LM Subcontracts for additional staffing to support surge requirements and/or corporate business goals.
12) Strong familiarity with MIL-DTL-38804D and MIL-STD-38784A
Advanced to expert MS Office Suite skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills a must. The ideal candidate will understand engineering drawings and parts relationships. Must have strong knowledge of aircraft and non-aircraft support.
Technical writing/ editing experience
Air Force Time Compliance Tech Order Process TO_00-5-15_15 familiarity
Demonstrated experience has a team lead or project/program management role
Able to quickly organize team, delegate, plan, execute and mitigate
Ability to effectively communicate, resolve issues and deliver presentations to a diverse set of customers
Prior experience as a CAM and have demonstrated ability to plan, propose, and coordinate work and personnel across multiple work locations and organizational structures
Experience with aircraft systems design and development
Provisioning process knowledge
Active Secret clearance
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Lexington Kentucky
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top