Product Sustainment Manager / Chelmsford, MA
-Manages the sustainment activities for all LM Chelmsford Programs
-Interfacing with Program Managers, Engineers, customers and other support functions to complete tasks per contract needs
-Management of tooling required for sustainment activities, including management of tool generation and qualifications
-Responsible for all test stand activities including but not limited to calibration, operability, obsolescence and preventative maintenance
-Responsible to manage product returns from notification to redelivery
-Special projects to support production operation activities
-Support production supervisor activities and provide backfill when supervision is not in the facility.
Chelmsford, Massachusetts is a charming suburb of Boston located about 25 miles northwest of that city. Chelmsford is very close to historic Lowell Massachusetts and to Nashua, New Hampshire. Chelmsford is within reach of New Hampshire's White Mountains and awesome ski areas to the north, and the scenic coastal towns of MA and NH are about an hour east. This scenic colonial region offers lots of New England charm, great schools, shopping, and restaurants. Chelmsford and the region share an impressive past from the early days after the pilgrims arrived in Plymouth to the revolutionary war. Where can you get to from Chelmsford? Chelmsford is about 90 minutes from Cape Cod. Boston is about 30 minutes to the east without traffic. New York City is about 4.5 hours away from Chelmsford. Waterville Valley and other major ski resorts of New Hampshire and Vermont are about 2 to 3 hours to the north.
It should be noted that Chelmsford, Massachusetts is approximately 35 miles northwest of the Boston metropolitan area and offers better access to a wide range of substantially more affordable regions in the area to live. Those regions include Northeastern and North Central Massachusetts, and Southern, New Hampshire.
- Bachelors degree or two year degree with equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks / projects in different phases
- Experience in facilitating the resolution of production issues
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through written documentation and verbal means
- Seasoned presenter, able to develop and deliver materials to varying levels of management
- Experienced user of office applications including MS Word, MS Project, and MS Power Point or the equivalent
- Experience in Production Flow manufacturing, program management or engineering environments with operational responsibilities.
- Ability to build and maintain respectful working relationships
- Motivational skills along with the ability to energize teams
-Ability to obtain a secret security clearance and must have at least an interim secret clearance to start.
- Bachelors degree
- Experience in developing, coordinating, leading and executing daily production plans; level-loading work and maintain product flow to meet production schedules
- Ability to effectively partner with support team to resolve production issues
- Understanding of cost, schedule and quality and how decisions and actions impacts each element
- Works with minimal direction, comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Effective conflict resolution skills
- Able to utilize data to improve yields while using a hands on approach with product and personnel to understand the factors (material, process, personnel, team dynamics) that impact performance
- Experience managing cost in a manufacturing organization
- Effective verbal and written communication regarding cost, schedule, quality, personnel, and other issues that impact the line
- Experience with Lockheed Martin policies, systems, and processes
- Experience working the defense industry or in an ISO9001, AS9100 environment
- Microwave hybrid and/or J-STD solder manufacturing experience
- Experience participating or leading a performance improvement team
- Exposure to Six Sigma Principles and/or Green Belt Certification
- Experience with Earned Value Management Systems
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Chelmsford Massachusetts
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top