Manufacturing Planner, Staff Member
Lockheed Martin is the prime contractor building the Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle, NASA's first spacecraft designed for long-duration, human-rated deep space exploration. Orion will transport humans to interplanetary destinations beyond low Earth orbit, such as asteroids, the moon and eventually Mars, and return them safely back to Earth.
Lockheed Martin Space seeks a Production, Planning & Control (PP&C) Planner Lead, who will be an integral part of the Orion Program ATLO (Assembly, Test and Launch Operations) operations at Kennedy Space Center (KSC) in Titusville, FL. In this role you will report directly to the PP&C manager at KSC and will be responsible for production planning, integration and test schedules, both detailed production and master production scheduling on the Orion Program. Responsibilities will include:
• Perform the Make, Buy and / or Bill of Material (BOM) planning activities associated with Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) transactions and perform one or more multiple manufacturing activities within various manufacturing functions
• Maintain production systems integrity to drive inventory optimization to minimize cost and expedite and optimize material flow through the supply chain to meet customer requirements
• Coordinate with Manufacturing and Operations Management to provide shop floor control on make parts, analyze and control production schedule and capacity requirements, execute the plan, provide timely status and expedite or work around plans to preserve schedule
• Coordinate with Supply Chain Stakeholders including Procurement and Operations Management to determine appropriate time phased plan for procured parts and execute processes to ensure deliverables meet production schedule requirements
• Maintain MRP parameters including lead times and lot sizes and coordinate with Engineering and Change Board Rep to make the associated changes to the BOM
In this position, you will be expected to facilitate daily meetings with multiple disciplines; drive the execution of schedule tasks and assist with resolving work stoppages; be responsible for directing other team members including shop floor control and buy/make planners; and be responsible for reporting progress to executive leadership on a daily basis.
• Bachelors degree with 8-10 years of professional, job relevant experience. In lieu of a degree, candidates who have 18 years of job relevant experience will also be considered
• Must have demonstrated knowledge with SAP MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning) processes
• Must have demonstrated knowledge of program & engineering planning and how production schedules relate to the program Integrated-Master-Schedule (IMS)
• Must have demonstrated experience with production schedule backward pass analysis to ascertain engineering need dates
• Must have demonstrated experience with Material Management and Accounting System (MMAS) standards and compliance
• Must have demonstrated experience with managing Make/Buy and Bill of Material (BOM) planning activities associated with Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) transactions
• Must have Microsoft Project planning experience
• Demonstrated Project Management experience working initiatives covering a wide scope of production planning and control and/or supply chain activities
• Experience in a large capacity production role with proven communication and teaming skills
• Demonstrate/possess strong interpersonal skills; organizational skills; good oral and written communication skills; excellent customer service skills; general office computer proficiency
• Working knowledge of sub-contracts management, purchasing, cost-account-management, manufacturing, what-if analysis, and shop-floor-control
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Kennedy Space Center Florida
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top