Manufacturing Planner Associate Manager / Grand Prairie, TX
At Lockheed Martin, youâ€™ll have an opportunity to create a better world every day. For most individuals, our work challenges belong merely to headlines and tweets. But our employees routinely experience a broad range of programs and projects, each geared to important human needs. Whatever your assignment, youâ€™ll use your education and experience to take on formidable challenges. Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
Responsible for managing the Production Planning and Control function for Missiles and Fire Control - Grand Prairie. The job scope includes the management and staffing of approximately 4 direct salary employees. Functional areas of responsibility include: Manufacturing Planning, Master Production Scheduling, Materials Management, Product Support and Production Systems. Requires travel and/or communication to all production sites and vendor locations. Work outside of the normal operating hours may be required.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Grand Prairie is part of the â€Mid-Citiesâ€ region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. This North Central region of Texas is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is home to numerous colleges and universities to include University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, University of North Texas, Southern Methodist University, Southern Methodist University, and Texas Woman's University. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Understand the management of budgets.
- Demonstrated proficient knowledge of computer systems, databases, and programs
- Ability to assign projects to organizational unit by leading staff to meet critical schedules, resolve complex and time sensitive technical or operational issues.
- Strategic thinker with lean manufacturing focus / (Greenbelt certified or equivalent)
-Excellent communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work with multiple levels of Management, industry peers, and internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving, and multitasking skills
- Experience supporting MMAS (Material Management and Accounting System)
- Related experience in material handling, control systems and ERP systems.
- Black Belt trained / certified
- APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) certification
- Control Account Manager (CAM) certified
- Knowledge of industry wide best practices and processes for managing material flow throughout the entire Production supply chain.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) extensive user experience or implementation
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martinâ€™s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customersâ€™ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where weâ€™re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Grand Prairie Texas
Back to top