Manufacturing Engineering Asc - Dallas
Lockheed Martin is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for a position in Grand Prairie, TX to support the Program Production Engineering team. This role will require communication and collaboration with multiple disciplines within the program, as well as internal and external suppliers. The day to day business rhythm will be the application of manufacturing engineering methodologies and skills to meet customer requirements and achieve the goals and objectives of the production program.
Day to day tasks include, but not limited to: process verification or validation activities, Design for Manufacture input on engineering and tooling designs, corrective action activities, proposal efforts, transition products to production, earned value management, and manufacturing engineering support to internal and external suppliers, and management of tool configuration. Some domestic travel will be required.
• Support the improvement of production processes utilizing Lean Six Sigma methodologies and knowledge of the product, assembly methods, tooling, and engineering requirements
• Participate in the verification or validation of production processes through analysis of manufacturing planning documentation or Production Line Validation events
• Active team member of the Integrated Product Team (IPT), completing assigned action items
• Work hand in hand with internal and external suppliers in regards to manufacturing engineering support
• Perform Earned Value Management activities
• Evaluate Engineering Change Requests (ECR)
• Assist with tooling configuration management
• Bachelor's degree in an (Industial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or associated discipline
• Proficient in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
• Ability to interpret drawings, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, product/performance specifications and other technical data
• Able to travel to Lockheed Martin sites and suppliers
• Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma principles
• Experience working within a cross functional team
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• SAP experience
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Grand Prairie Texas
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top