Manufacturing Engineer / Grand Prairie, TX
Missiles and Fire Control (MFC) is a recognized designer, developer and manufacturer of precision engagement aerospace and defense systems for the U.S. and allied militaries. This is Lockheed Martinâ€™s lead business unit for research development and production of manned and unmanned ground-vehicle systems, electro-optical and smart munitions systems and is a pioneer in the field of versatile, high-performance missile and rocket technology.
Assist with the integration and testing of Strike Systems components, subsystems and complete vehicles. Develop and maintain integration and test resource and staffing plans. Identify function support such as engineering, quality, ground support equipment/tooling, facilities, security, production control, material management and test assets support the program needs for delivery of integrated vehicles. Assist with the development and refinement of manufacturing processes, equipment, material handling, testing and other elements of integration of the vehicles.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Grand Prairie is part of the â€Mid-Citiesâ€ region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. This North Central region of Texas is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is home to numerous colleges and universities to include University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, University of North Texas, Southern Methodist University, Southern Methodist University, and Texas Woman's University. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
- Prior experience in one or more of the following: Planning, implementing, testing, documenting, or maintaining solutions for the integration and testing of in-house developed and COTS/GOTS components, elements, subsystems and/or systems.
- Prior experience with establishing functional and technical specifications and standards, solving hardware/software interface problems, defining input/output parameters, and ensuring integration of the entire system or subsystem.
- Bachelor's degree in an associated discipline or equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
- Active Secret Security clearance or ability to obtain appropriate level clearance.
- Manufacturing background with shop floor experience
- Lean six sigma training, i.e., Green Belt certified
- WI instruction creation
- SAP knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills coupled with being a team player
- Active and Final Secret Clearance
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martinâ€™s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customersâ€™ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where weâ€™re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Grand Prairie Texas
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top