Manufacturing Engineer / AGMS / Orlando, FL
Candidate will support the AGMS Mission area, including HELLFIRE, JAGM, & Launcher. Successful candidate will support the production operations team in the areas of manufacturing process development, trouble shooting, tooling concepts, tooling design and fabrication. Candidate will also support program areas, i.e. make or buy, capital, setup and first run of hardware builds, including working closely with on-program engineers and missile technicians. Other task include supporting production operations meetings, presentations and overall coordination events as required by the Prod Ops ME lead and also act as the liaison between Orlando commodity shops, Ocala, and Troy on an as needed basis. Candidate will be required to travel approximately 1 week per month.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an Engineering related field.
- 2 years of professional work experience
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical assembly, industrial processes, technical writing, and teaming.
- Candidate should have a good understanding and demonstrated application of technical and problem solving skills in the area of manufacturing and production.
- Candidate should have hands on experience with building/assembling hardware, and the ability to clearly communicate instructions, verbally and written, providing clear direction for subsequent builds.
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance
Knowledge of the AGMS Mission area
Lockheed Martin experience with focus on production operations.
Working knowledge of LEAN -Six Sigma skills.
Pro-E experience with a focus on tooling, taking a concept through to final design and fabrication.
Working knowledge of GD&T, and experience with manufacturing processes, precision machining/tolerances, assembly sequences, and ability to ID potential test points within the assembly flow.
Familiarity SAP is a plus.
Able to ID and correct process issues and implement cost saving solutions (Affordability).
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martinâ€™s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customersâ€™ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where weâ€™re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Orlando Florida
Back to top