Logistics Engineer / Orlando, FL
This position will provide the Apache Fire Control program with Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) and Specialty Engineering support for both development and production efforts.
Support will include:
-Tools, Support Equipment, Spares and hardware management efforts for Apache development test and production activities.
-The coordination and tracking of cost control/finance data, ETC/EACs with specialty engineering group.
-Reviews and formulates recommendations for spares and repair parts and support equipment (SE).
-Support planning of approach to training and development of training courses.
-Contribute to the completion of SIPT projects and goals.
-Proposal support to include cost estimating and data acquisition from other disciplines.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area. This region is a great place to live and to raise a family. Central Florida offers lots of attractive residential housing options. The Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area in the southeastern United States. The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most part. Orlando is home to the University of Central Florida (UCF), Walt Disney World, and SeaWorld. Where can you get to from Orlando? Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the "space coast" to include NASA and the Kennedy Space Center. Tampa is about 1 and ¼ hours from Orlando. West Palm Beach is about 2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast. Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.
• Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret Clearance.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
• Professional experience in industries such as Aerospace, Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineer, Industrial Engineer or other similar environments.
• Strong Computer Skills including MS Office.
• Ability to communicate findings to customers and leadership.
• Strong interpersonal communication, planning and writing skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills and the ability to effectively work within a diverse workforce.
• Previous Work Experience in defense or similar industry.
• Familiar with components and/or parts management.
• Experience working with the Apache Fire Control Asset Management System.
• Cost estimating experience
• Proposal/contracting experience
• Ability to interface with a variety of information technology logistics applications.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Orlando Florida
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top