IT Project Coordinator / Nashville, TN
Lockheed Martin is currently seeking an IT Project Coordinator with a strong background in IT software systems and the proven ability to manage multiple IT projects across different platforms; lead technical and strategic direction; and collaborate with a cross-discipline team of engineers, management, and customers to design innovative solutions for our customers. The role is a significant position that involves working with customers, vendors and partners by developing and implementing solutions in a complex, highly dynamic environment. This individual will be viewed as a key contributor in the latest implementation of software-defined IT (cloud, networking) systems. This individual will direct one or more IT project teams to meet project objectives implementing IT infrastructure solutions. Travel up to 25% may be required. U.S. citizenship is mandatory.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Works with various individuals to execute IT infrastructure projects through the customer's IT project delivery methodology.
- Identifying, specifying and analyzing requirements and processes, managing progress throughout the design, test and implementation process. Projects often require innovative and creative solutions and frequently involve multiple platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools.
- Ensures alignment with clients on scope, value proposition and overall project goals throughout the project.
- Works with all stakeholders to coordinate testing, installation, training and support.
- Coordinates the purchasing, installation and testing of selected vendor hardware and software.
- Documents business requirements, feasibility studies, and cost justification statements.
- Contributes to and/or leads drafting of statements of work and/or RFPs to secure 3rd party services required to achieve business objectives. Leads the effort to select 3rd party services to execute projects and manages on-boarding and collaborative working relationship with selected Vendors.
- Oversees the work of the 3rd party to ensure delivered scope meets requirements and service level agreements.
- Develops and/or reviews, evaluates and formulates project plans, schedules and budgets.
- Researches and evaluates new or alternative solutions and recommends alternatives which will assist business management in attaining their strategic objectives.
- Keeps informed of technical and managerial advances in IT, including leading the introduction of best practices. - Works independently with little or no supervision, works well in a team setting while demonstrating diversity and inclusion of ideas of project team members as well as others.
Demonstrated project management capabilities; experience managing outsourced vendors; within the information technology field; good facilitation skills; Strong judgment and analytical ability; excellent technical teamwork and interpersonal skills; Ability to foster working relationships with the team, IT Management and Client departments; Ability to explain technical concepts to the business users in the context of business requirements.
- Project Management experience planning and monitoring analytics projects using Agile/Scrum principles
- Prior experience using and developing solutions using SiteCore
- Prior experience employing design thinking methodologies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project.
- Ability to balance technical requirements with business needs.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills and excellent writing and presentation skills.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Nashville Tennessee
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top