InfraRed Search & Track (IRST) Engineering & Technology Manager / Packaging Lead / Orlando, FL
As an Engineering & Technology (E&T) Manager, the selected candidate will be responsible for the management and development of their team, support of department initiatives and directorate undertakings, and driving technical excellence, affordability, and program execution.
For the management and development of their team, the E&T manager is responsible for providing technical coaching and mentoring, work assignments, employee career development, continuous ongoing feedback, and being their employees advocate in opportunity discussions.
To support functional initiatives and directorate undertakings, the E&T manager is responsible for coordinating employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessments, salary planning, recognition/disciplinary actions, and engineering
To drive technical excellence, affordability, and program
execution, the E&T manager is responsible for supporting
program development, execution of program requirements, adherence to engineering development processes, promoting customer focus, and serving as the technical conscience for their program.
The IRST E&T Manager/Packaging Lead will be responsible for the continued success of the IRST product line and will be the primary advocate for the IRST Electro-Mechanical team. Knowledge of IRST products and Packaging skills are highly desired.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area. This region is a beautiful place to live with something to offer for all walks of life. Central Florida offers lots of attractive residential housing options. The Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro
area in the southeastern United States. The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most part. Orlando is home to the University of Central Florida (UCF), Walt Disney World, and SeaWorld.
Where can you get to from Orlando? Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the "space coast" to include NASA and the Kennedy Space Center. Tampa is about 1 and Â¼ hours from Orlando. West Palm Beach
is about 2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast. Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.
- Engineering management or Engineering team lead experience including task planning, budget management, subcontract management and/or employee development and mentoring
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Process Improvement and Affordability experience
- Self-Starter Personality; Ability to multitask
- Strong business acumen, management influence and whole systems thinking
- Ability to collaborate with multi-functional teams
- Full Lifecycle Development Experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex technical
- BS Degree in a related field, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Ability to obtain government issued Security Clearance
- Prior Engineering Management Experience
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Proposal Development Experience; Basis of Estimate (BOE)
- Control Account Manager (CAM) experience;
- Earned Value Management Experience
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martinâ€™s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customersâ€™ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where weâ€™re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Orlando Florida
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top