Industrial Hygienist / Grand Prairie, TX
At Lockheed Martin, you'll have an opportunity to create a better world every day. For most individuals, our work challenges belong merely to headlines and tweets. But our employees routinely experience a broad range of programs and projects, each geared to important human needs. Whatever your assignment, you'll use your education and experience to take on formidable challenges. Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs.
The successful candidate will manage and oversee the development, implementation, and strengthening of programs to enhance employee experience, specifically targeting occupational health hazards or environmental factors or stresses arising in or from the workplace. Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Risk assessment and surveillance of materials and chemical use;
- Evaluation of emerging programs with respect to risk to employees;
- Manage contractor assets for execution of surveillance requirements;
- Implement and manage IH data management system for the business area
- Management of radiation programs (ionizing and non-ionizing);
- Management of laser program compliance;
- Act as subject matter expert in areas of indoor air quality, sampling media and methodologies, radiation and laser safety protocols;
- Define strategies for ongoing exposure monitoring to assure timely identification of deviations in exposure profiles and to ensure controls continue to be effective;
- Interpret exposure monitoring results, develop appropriate recommendations to control exposures;
- Recognize and investigates the potential for health effects associated with chemical agents without authoritative occupational exposure limits
This role will require domestic travel of approximately up to 50% with occasional international travel opportunities.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Grand Prairie is part of the "Mid-Cities" region in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex which is in the North Central region of Texas. Grand Prairie is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth. The region offers a great cost of living combined with a robust economy and a pleasant climate. This North Central region of Texas is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is home to numerous colleges and universities to include University of Texas at Dallas, University of Texas at Arlington, University of North Texas, Southern Methodist University, Southern Methodist University, and Texas Woman's University. The Mid-Cities is the suburban region filling the thirty-mile span between Dallas and Fort Worth. These communities include the cities of Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Southlake, Colleyville, HEB (Hurst, Euless and Bedford), NRH (North Richland Hills and Richland Hills), Haltom City, Watauga, and Keller, along with multiple other smaller towns such as Trophy Club and Roanoke and together represent more people than either Dallas or Fort Worth.
- Formal education in industrial hygiene, chemical engineering, or similar technical discipline;
- Related experience supporting research and development, industrial operations and production, and field service operations;
- Pursuit of industry recognized certifications in the Safety, Health or Environmental disciplines;
- Demonstrated project management skills;
- Proven ability to identify hazards associated with processes or chemical usage that results in proper engineering controls for workforce protection;
- Proposal development, review, and financial management.
- Experience with regulator engagement, response, and corrective/preventive actions;
- Experience with enterprise wide program development, sampling strategy, contractor management, and communications across multiple locations, various processes and varied regulatory environments
- Proven ability to innovate for improving program effectiveness;
- Ability to organize, structure, and assess historical data for trending, risk identification, risk mitigation, and concern investigations
- Experience managing indoor air quality issues or concerns through evaluation of building mechanical systems, process assessment, and common IAQ stressors;
- Ability to obtain a US Government Issued Security Clearance
- Certified by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene as a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred;
- Budget management and financial acumen;
- Lean six sigma black belt or green belt
- Master's Degree in associated discipline
- Experience working with common, industry recognized, management systems such as ISO 14001, VPP, etc...
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Grand Prairie Texas
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top