General Machinist C / CNC - GD&T / 2nd Shift / Grand Prairie, TX
Lockheed Martin is seeking a General Machinist C for a position in Grand Prairie, TX to perform machining operations that include a variety of semi-complex parts, details, and assemblies.
Set up and perform primary machining operations as required on:
-Computer numerically controlled (CNC) Mills and/or Lathes
-Conventional Lathes & Mills
-Jig Bore Machining centers
-OD/ID grinders and surface grinders
-Wire/Electrode Electric Discharge Machining (EDM)
Set up machines using all standard attachments and accessories
Select cutters, speeds and feeds as required
Work from engineering drawings, tooling drawings, engineering change documents, manufacturing planning, sketches, Mylars, and verbal instructions
Check part machined against requirements for accuracy and operation sequence using precision measuring equipment, such as dial calipers, micrometers, scales and gauges
- Ability to operate CNC machines.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings using GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing).
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Must have the ability to work 1st or 2nd shift according to the collective bargaining agreement.
- Ability to operate Nexus, Variaxis, and/or Intergrex.
- Experience with CNC lathes and/or vertical milling machines.
- Ability to use Mazak and/or HAAS Controllers.
- Experience with Parlec Tool Presetting equipment or similar system.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martinâ€™s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customersâ€™ toughest challenges. Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where weâ€™re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Grand Prairie Texas
Back to top