Environmental Safety and Health Compliance Analyst- Goleta, CA
Lockheed Martin is seeking someone to be part of an Environment, Safety and Health (ESH) team supporting cross-functional operations at our facility in Goleta, California.
This position will require a broad safety and environmental background to include a working knowledge of regulatory standards including OSHA and EPA. Your responsibilities will include:
- Participating in the recognition, evaluation and control of environmental and safety hazards arising in or from the workplace
- Conducting internal compliance audits
- Conducting compliance evaluations
- Maintaining and enhancing established ESH management programs
- Preparing reports
- Training and other non-routine ESH projects as needed
- Direct support of site emergency response team(s), training and activities
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Goleta is a city in southern Santa Barbara County, California. Goleta is part of the central coast region of California and offers lots of great scenery and is a great place to live and to raise a family. The region is known primarily for agriculture and tourism. Major crops include wine grapes, lettuce, strawberries, and artichokes. Goleta is known for being near the University of California, Santa Barbara campus, although the CDP of Isla Vista is closer. Much of Goleta is considered to be a quiet suburban community while Santa Barbara tends to attract most of the tourists and the area's residents. Goleta is about 8 miles west of the city of Santa Barbara, along the coast (the coast runs east to west in this portion of southern California). Where can you drive to from Goleta? Goleta is 2 hours northwest of Los Angeles. San Francisco is about 5 hours to the north of Goleta. Las Vegas, NV is about 5 hours to the northeast.
-Bachelorâ€™s degree in Environmental Studies, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering or other related disciplines from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 3 years of professional experience; or 1 year of professional experience with a related Masterâ€™s degree
- Experience in Industrial Hygiene, Industrial Ergonomics, Safety (OSHA), Environmental Regulations and Compliance (EPA) , ISO 14001 Management Systems and Audit procedures, Waste Management and Hazardous Materials Storage and Handling, Emergency Response Team Management
- Computer application proficiency
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance and therefore must be a U. S. Citizen
- Experience in Environmental Safety and Health disciplines such as developing and maintaining program documents, collecting and presenting metrics, evaluations and/or inspections, ergonomic assessments and/or industrial hygiene assessments, conducting training for ESH programs
- Experience with OSHA programs such as Lockout Tagout, Electrical Safety, Respiratory Protection, Fall Protection, Hazard Communication, Accident Investigation, Recordkeeping, Industrial Hygiene, etc.
- Experience with environmental programs such as Air, Water and Chemical Management
- Experience resolving problems, leading projects and teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Auditing experience in ISO14001 and/or OHSAS 18001 standards
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martinâ€™s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customersâ€™ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where weâ€™re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Goleta California
Back to top