Energy Efficiency Engineering Lead / Madison, WI
This position is located in Madison, WI
Lockheed Martin Energy Solutions division is looking for an engineering lead supporting a portfolio of energy efficiency programs in Madison, WI. Lockheed Martin will serve as the program administrator, where this role will manage all implementers serving the commercial, industrial and residential market. The lead energy or mechanical engineer should have knowledge of energy efficiency technology implementation and calculation of energy savings. These technologies can include lighting, building controls, HVAC, and central plant equipment. Candidate must be detail-oriented, have strong analytical skills and the capacity to handle multiple projects and roles. Candidate must be able to lead a team of engineers, working to maintain program requirements.
Position will support the delivery of a large energy efficiency program implementers. Understanding of energy industry, energy efficiency programs and project financing are desired but not required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Performing energy analysis of facility energy efficiency measure calculations using standard or predefined energy analysis tools and methodology
• Technical evaluation of third party energy audits and energy efficiency technology studies
• Conducting walk through inspections of facilities and interviewing facility owners/managers to validate submitted energy efficiency measures.
• Performing QA/QC activities, including conducting pre-and post-installation energy efficiency project inspections
• Working with outreach staff to establish and support appropriate level of technical assistance required for energy project evaluation
• Determining cost-effectiveness of identified energy efficiency measures and eligibility for financial incentives based on regulatory requirements
• Identifying energy efficiency technologies and energy savings studies/financial analysis to support development of prescriptive measures
• Project coordination duties to include financial and savings forecasting assistance, work flow management, status reporting, database and project file maintenance
Position will be hired upon contract award.
• Engineering education and background
• Process and detail oriented individual
• Ability to work effectively and professionally with other business functions
• Effective communication skill set
• MS Office applications for analysis, documentation, and presentation
• Strong MS Excel skills
• Energy Efficiency experience
• Energy calculation tool experience
• Certified Energy Auditor (CEA) or Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certifications, Energy Manager in Training (EMIT)
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): New Berlin Wisconsin
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top