Plans utilization of space and facilities for company consistent with requirements of organizational efficiency, and available facilities and funds. Ensures project requirements are defined. Acts as primary contact for facilities, and equipment and machinery maintenance, project activities and leads project reviews of cost, schedule and technical performance. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans, budgets and schedules. Identifies problems and develops solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing project scope. May coordinate the work of employees assigned to the project. Creates short-range and long-range facilities plans by identifying and developing facilities options to satisfy project objectives by working with the stakeholders and assessing resources in order to create the best value for the customer and the company. Participates in the development of the space management forecast.
Love where you work, enjoy where you live! Ocala is the largest manufacturing site within Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire control (MFC). MFC Ocala is responsible for manufacturing and assembling circuit cards, cable and harnesses, and electro-optic assemblies for 20+ programming an air conditioned facility. Our facility invests in new and upgraded automated equipment to maximize quality and efficiency. Our facility has a highly flexible automated circuit card assembly process including localized wave solder, hot air solder, robotic contact solder, 3D solder paste inspection, automated optical inspection, and automated X-Ray inspection. After assembling our circuit cards we environmentally protect them utilizing a fully automated, double sided conformal coating work cell. We are continuously striving to increase machine-to-machine communication throughout our automated lines. We have significant investments in braiding, shielding, and sleeving preparation equipment for support of our cable and harness manufacturing. This includes advanced UV/CO2 laser marking and stripping. In order to support our electro-optic assembly we have a 10,000 sq ft ISO Class 7 clean room. We continue to push the limits of automated electro-mechanical assembly with an automation development center that is actively researching new uses for our 5-axis and 6-axis robotic arms. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and the candidate to be a US Citizen.
Candidate must possess:
- Knowledge and experience of Microstation or similar Computer Aided Design System is required.
- The candidate must have excellent team work skills. This position requires that the candidate has the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and have exceptional coordination, communication and people skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Ability to lead tasks to completion and monitor/escalate issues.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience preparing a technical statement of work.
- Ability to write clear, concise, detailed descriptive facility requests. This facility requires special access and therefore all candidates must be a US Citizen.
Previous experience working in a facilities organization.
- Previous experience working for an organization that performs building renovations.
- Knowledge of building and construction codes.
- Experience working with represented employees.
- Ability to manage a wide variety of facility projects such as machine installations or office renovations.
• Familiar with proper Electrostatic Discharge Sensitive (ESD) handling processes & procedures
- Pursuing a degree in Facilities or Industrial Engineering
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Ocala Florida
Meet Some of Lockheed Martin—Engineering & Operations's Employees
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Matt provides support and leadership to the MFC team that finds ways for idealized designs to be translated into manufacturable products.
Back to top